Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So glad this group exists! I just bought a 2012 Fiat Coup Arbath Convertible with 90k miles.

Problem is the convertible is push all the way to the rear and off the tracks. I’m assuming this can’t be repaired and may have to be replaced? I have a quick video and pics to share also.

Greatly appreciate your support and guidance!
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the top itself is in ok shape, possible you may need to simply replace the hardware. Mopar sells kits with all the plastic bits.

One and Two

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was it this way when you bought it? Do you have any recourse with the seller? I understand the repair kits are extremely expensive and it is also hard finding someone to do the work …. I have a 500c and fear any kind of trouble with the top!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys

Ok so I had the seller take the car to AAA repair facility today. AAA told me that the roof goes half way up then returns all the way back down when attempting to use the convertible button. Any idea if I can use the manual torq in the back of the car to force it forward?

Also, the mechanic said the axle boots are leaking. He said might need front axle replaced. Expensive repair?

Lastly, he said it has a code of PM0513 the key and ignition. I wonder how much it costs to sync a replica key to the car?

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took dealer 3 months to fix daughter’s error. She forced it closed after it jammed. Had topay over $2,000 for repair. Parts were ordered and received before work began, needed extra parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy cow! $2k? So did she forced it close by using the manual torq behind the back seat accessible from the trunk? It was it forced by hand on the convertible?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the top itself is in ok shape, possible you may need to simply replace the hardware. Mopar sells kits with all the plastic bits.

One and Two
The top apparently goes up half way then reverts back down. Is that hardware?

Also, the P0531 key issue came on. I assume the original key needs to be replaced and programmed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts