Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I Picked up my Grigio 500 Sport (5MT) on feb 2nd with 162mi. Now ant 698 mi and was rear ended this morning on my way to the dealer to get my alarm put in and car simonized.

Regardless, I love my 500 so far, and can't wait to get the Abarth. Can't wait to go to meet ups / shows.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As of now it looks like I'll just need a rear bumper cover, not sure about the actual bumper. But in a years time I want to trade her in for an abarth, for now I'll enjoy laughing at hybrids over MPG's and the sprightly and surefooted(ness?) on twisty roads. Also messed with the ESC on the ice in a parking lot, Pretty cool feature for when/if I'll actually need it (hopefully never).

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
As of now it looks like I'll just need a rear bumper cover, not sure about the actual bumper. But in a years time I want to trade her in for an abarth, for now I'll enjoy laughing at hybrids over MPG's and the sprightly and surefooted(ness?) on twisty roads. Also messed with the ESC on the ice in a parking lot, Pretty cool feature for when/if I'll actually need it (hopefully never).
Right on, well I hope it is quick and easy for you, it'll never be an Abarth but with a few mods it is like a very different car, with my Intake, ECU timing unit, and exhaust especially at lower speeds the throttle response is so much better and it makes it fun, sadly it kills the MPGs cause I find myself blipping the throttle so much more, even between speed bumps which is pointless but hard not to do at the same time! I'd love to ditch mine for the Abarth and will likely have more invested in the Sport than a new Abarth would cost sadly, but I cannot take the hit the trade-in would result in so onward I mod!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Why are you putting in an alarm?? Do you really expect that to do something? And why are you simonizing a new car...it is new...a regular car wash will do.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
It is my understanding that if you Simonize your car it is pretty much the ultimate waxing job sorta in that you have the protection and clean looks protected from outside pollutants and such and with basic cleaning you have the fresh look of newly waxed for longer periods, now that isn't to say I am understanding it properly but it does seem to make for a simpler maintenance schedule as to cleanings IF this is correct. I have intended to look more into it as I know it is often offered at dealers and many will say skip it and save the money but I plan to look at this option and research it more, glad this has come up as I thought about it less than a week ago and haven't yet looked into it, now I am going to be able to hear from others and learn more of it from others that have done it I hope therefore making the best decision. As for the alarm they have become so common the only thing I feel they are good for is to alert the owner IF they are close enough to hear it of something or someone being near the car, otherwise most everyone ignores them nowadays. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why are you putting in an alarm?? Do you really expect that to do something? And why are you simonizing a new car...it is new...a regular car wash will do.
Alarm is lower cost of insurance, and if im not looking at the car, or the remote, I know if it's locked or not.

The Simonizing aside from it being a protector, its' like full insurance you don't have to pay a deductible for if your car's paint or interior gets screwed up. If the studio can't fix it, It's replaced for free for 7 years, unlimited milage. If you don't live on long island it may not be as necessary , but here where people just open doors into your car, scratch them with purses, sit on them, put things on them, and all the sand and crap on the motorway aside from what trucks drop, that destroy your front end, I'd rather be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Car is fixed, looks fantastic, only bumper cover damage, so the repair was cheap (thank god no metal damage). Gonna try to clean her up a bit tomorrow, depending on how I feel. I also have an exhaust on the way. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts