Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 500 sport in olive green. I won't be able to take delivery until Tuesday of next week. I am so looking forward to driving back and forth to work (60 miles RT). I live on the coast north of Boston. My Chevy Colorado (4x4)Truck will be now keeping my driveway company.

I am looking for sources for snow tires. My online searches have only turned up one option (Pierilli). Any help would be great.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Did you order it, or are you having some work done prior to delivery?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
433 Posts
hello and welcome to the forums.

great color, olive was my second choice... looks awesome with both the black or brown interior.

as far as snow tires, the Pirelli are the only ones I have seen in the stock tire profile for the Sport 16s. Winter tires generally have a taller sidewall. Have you considered running different wheels for winter? it may be cheaper to get some 14s or 15s rather than mounting winter tires on your stock wheels. of course smaller tires are going to cost less and you will have a much larger selection of tires to choose from.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I just purchased a 500 sport in olive green. I won't be able to take delivery until Tuesday of next week. I am so looking forward to driving back and forth to work (60 miles RT). I live on the coast north of Boston. My Chevy Colorado (4x4)Truck will be now keeping my driveway company.

I am looking for sources for snow tires. My online searches have only turned up one option (Pierilli). Any help would be great.
Congrats! I got my tires and rims through the dealer. They offered me Marangoni Tires and they're coming from Italy.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey nice car! Looks like the one in my garage. Check out tire rack for your snows. I went with 175 65 14 conti's on alloys. Nice and skinny to bite into the snow. Mounted and shipped to Canada was $950 but you can probably knock off 200 or so cause you save the duty and what not. Anyhow, congrats on the car, your going to love it. And welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Welcome 'tpetrillo' to the forum. FIAT has so many great colors. I think I considered nearly every one of them before deciding on Verde Chiarro.

after you take delivery, pls post some pics of your new baby. we ALL love to see pics of 500s from their new owners.

again, WELCOME! :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you order it, or are you having some work done prior to delivery?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

The 500 sport was on the lot. I am having the front end covered with the clear protective tape. I will be driving 128 every day and would like to avoid road chips.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I picked up my new 500 sport in olive green last night. I had a rain soaked commute to work this morning and enjoyed the ride, the Bose system was fantastic. I got to work and parked in my parking spot. All the comments started with "cute". Little do they know that cute = cool. I have the day off tomorrow and will find every excuse to drive somewhere. "How about a loaf of bread?" As soon as the weather improves, some sun, I will post some pictures. I will use the great north atlantic as my back drop, maybe a sunrise shot. Till then "Drive Fun Drive Safe"

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts

Why don't you let the truck eat the salt, and save the 500 for the other three seasons?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts