Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally I am delighted with my 3 month old 500e Prima but it does have a few quirks. I am guessing most of these are new car bugs as the car is still very new in production and hopefully Fiat will be fixing them with an upgrade at some point.

I'd be interested to know if other owners are experiencing anything similar or have noticed idiosyncrasies with their cars. Here are a few of mine:

• Very often the car does not start the first time you put your foot on the brake and press the start button. A second press is required to bring up "Vehicle is ready to drive"
  • The front brakes squeak as they are applied electrically.
  • The Front Collision Warning function randomly deactivates. (A potentially serious safety issue).
  • My UK car will swap from miles to kilometre measurements for no apparent reason. Now there's a bug!
  • Often it refuses to recognise a command to start Android Auto. Apple Car Play seems to work ok.
  • Short of actually running somebody over, I have been unable to demonstrate the Pedestrian Acoustic Warning System.
Don't know how big the community of 500e owners is yet but it would be good to know if others are sharing my experiences.

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
16 Posts
Generally I am delighted with my 3 month old 500e Prima but it does have a few quirks. I am guessing most of these are new car bugs as the car is still very new in production and hopefully Fiat will be fixing them with an upgrade at some point.

I'd be interested to know if other owners are experiencing anything similar or have noticed idiosyncrasies with their cars. Here are a few of mine:

• Very often the car does not start the first time you put your foot on the brake and press the start button. A second press is required to bring up "Vehicle is ready to drive"
    • Not noticed this, but it might just be a question of how much pressure you apply to the brake pedal?
    • No
  • The Front Collision Warning function randomly deactivates. (A potentially serious safety issue).
    • Often either a dirty or snowy windscreen and most often driving towards a low sun. Sorts itself out if you turn away from the sun
  • My UK car will swap from miles to kilometre measurements for no apparent reason. Now there's a bug!
    • Yes
  • Often it refuses to recognise a command to start Android Auto. Apple Car Play seems to work ok.
    • I'm an iPhone user. No problem
  • Short of actually running somebody over, I have been unable to demonstrate the Pedestrian Acoustic Warning System.
    • I don't think the audible warning is triggered by the proximity of a pedestrian. It is barely audible from inside the car. Mine comes on sometimes when I'm doing 10-15 mph, but not otherwise.
Don't know how big the community of 500e owners is yet but it would be good to know if others are sharing my experiences.
I got my La Prima in late April. Some of your observations apply to me too. See annotations above.
Biggest problem I had was the speed limit sign recognition, but this was solved by a software update in the summer.
Pleased to compare experiences with other 500e users, notably charging experiences. I'm in Gloucestershire.

·
Registered
2021 500e HB La Prima
2 Posts
    • Seems that sometimes I need to double-press the Start button - can't determine whether there's a pattern as to when this occurs
    • No. We do, however, always drive in 'Range' mode
    • Yes, as AndyBowden stated only during inclement weather
    • No such problem here, only kilometers
    • Haven't experienced this (yet)
    • Haven't tested this (yet)
The following relates to my wife's 1½ month old 500e La Prima, which in almost all respects is a pleasure and joy to drive!

One - hopefully not major - problem appeared from day one. The large (central) display acts as if there's a loose connection: After a while it starts flickering erratically, with a simultaneous loss of audio. This goes on for some 5 minutes, followed by a period of totally dark screen. After a few minutes it seems to recover, only to possibly begin again. This behavior was at first very infrequent, but lately has been more common, with it being nearly full-time off the past few days.

Today the dealer is looking into this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@DreamDog - That sounds like an out and out fault, definitely in need of a cure.
One other quirk I forgot to mention is that the right turn-signal, (indicator) keeps flashing for 4 seconds after it is manually cancelled.

·
Registered
2021 500e HB La Prima
2 Posts
An update regarding my display problem:

The dealer's workshop had the car in Friday, and informed me late afternoon that they couldn't remedy the problem, so they ordered a new radio. I take it that by "radio" they refer to the media control unit (or whatever term Stellantis uses for such a module). So I'll have to come in again in one or two week's time. I presume that it'll be a quick plug & play replacement, and that there aren't any other wiring problems. Also wondering why such a new component could fail after presumably passing QC, but I'm aware that digital components tend to either die early or live a long, trouble-free life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts