Fiat 500 Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally got a call from Fiat customer care. Long call but to summarise - have to take the car to the dealer when the problems are present. Pointed out a number or reasons why this is not sensible:
Some are intermittent and therefore cannot guarantee they will present themselves or that stop/starting the car clears some of them
Have to book the car in which can be several days ( or weeks if loan car required) - so have to run with all the wrong settings: Kmh - not a good idea
Dealer technicians are not even familiar with how the car operates and its many functions so how can they be expected to fix them.
Explained many others, inc motoring journalist - long term test Autocar, experiencing some of the same issues - not interested.
Cannot tell me when/if Fiat will be issuing any/next software update.
Bottom line is not interested - its for the dealer to resolve.

Andy, would be very interested to know your software version following recent service.

All very disappointing as it goes well, is fun and meets our requirements - BUT its making think do I really want to keep the car and the hassle of trying to resolve the many problems.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,888 Posts
Yes, very disappointing.

However, one or more of your problems may be pretty easy to resolve yourself, even though you really shouldn't have to:

You say you don't use HVAC's "auto" setting, & neither do I, so if I had your car I'd find the humidity sensor somewhere on or very near the windshield. I'd leave it disconnected, & then disconnect the 12V starter battery's negative terminal for as long as convenient, 30 seconds or 30 hours, if possible, maybe on a weekend.

That might clear up one or more of your issues. My 1st-gen 500e once got "infected" so bad by a public charger that it activated ABS every time I braked below 7mph, but even that was permanently cured by a 30-second 12V disconnect. A different public charger once infected it with a charging fault that was cured by simply plugging into the OEM cord.

The auto headlight issue might be avoided by simply always leaving them "on". I do that because it's a bit less likely for other drivers to not see my tiny car. The lights turn off when I turn the car off, & all I ever do manually sometimes is set the instrument dimmer low at night & then back up in sun.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts