Fiat 500 Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interested to see if my dealer has heard of the instrument panel update when my car goes in on the 3rd Oct for its first service. Not hopeful as they took some persuading that 6475 existed. Never experienced any resetting as a result of charging - I only use the easywallbox at home (limited to 4.6KW due to wiring limitations) and podpoint at Tescos (free 1 hr charge). I run 95% of the time in "normal" mode and just passed the 3000 mile mark with an average of 4.5 miles/KWh.

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
219 Posts
I can't get my head around how to freewheel down a slope... I have a sloping drive which the car is reversed into. When it comes to moving into the street I want to freewheel until the car is on the level. Currently if I put the car in D and gently press the accelerator, the car shoots forwards as hill-hold is released. My current workaround is to put the car in reverse and gently press the accelerator to release hill hold, and lo and behold, the car freewheels forward !!
Like you @23dash, I reverse my La Prima up my sloping drive. This morning I've tried to find a solution to your problem, but not found anything better than your method.|
Clearly, the suggested disabling of the HillHold function would bring more nuisance than benefit.
What mystifies me though is why you're seeking to freewheel down the slope?

·
Registered
43 Posts
What mystifies me though is why you're seeking to freewheel down the slope?
The reason I’m doing this is that if I select D and squeeze the accelerator (to release hill hold), the car jolts forwards. I find this disconcerting and uncontrolled, especially as the pavement (with the potential for pedestrians) is just 2m from the starting point.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Understood, is it the same in Normal, Range and Sherpa? I find Normal best for slow manoeuvring.
Mine doesn't do it noticeably, but my drive isn't very steep.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You might try setting up 2 profiles. A normal one with Hill Holder available and another with it disabled. Changing between profiles should be relatively easy.
You might need to get a software update to be able to have a second profile, though it sounds as if your La Prima is quite a new one so should have the latest software with multiple profiles allowed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
... on the rare occasions that's needed.
On the 2021 model which is the subject of this thread, I find the Hill Holder comes in to play frequently and I find it invaluable. I wouldn't dream of disabling it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I live on a hill with a steep drive going down to a level garage. I stop each time to open the door (and fold in the mirrors) leaving the car in drive and with hill hold activated. (probably should put it in park). Operating in normal mode, when I move off its smooth and doesn't jump forward at all. Tested this a few times with the same result. Also reverse out of garage and go forward to a parking slot with the same result. So puzzled by others having problems - only experience of jumping/jerking is in range mode. Tried using neutral but it will not freewheel - makes me wonder what exactly neutral is for?

On a separate note - chatted with a chap charging his Mk 1 electric 500 at Tescos this morning. Worked in USA and when he returned he shipped it back - zero problems/issues in 6 years he and gets 100 miles on a full charge.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A new bug. Short 3 mile drive this morning to buy a paper - all working normally. When I start the car to return and drive off the traffic sign readings start flashing. All units are correct ie mph and distance in miles, but the traffic sign speed indicator is reading the signs in mph and converting them to mph. Never seen this before. Searching all the settings, including those in maps, I can find no way of changing this. Tried the usual stop/start car several times to no avail. Checked to see if any sign of an OTA update but nothing obvious. Only option is to turn off the traffic sign indicator or suffer flashing every time the speed limit changes.

Only difference I can think of is that it was the first really cold night so taking car out of garage possibly into the cold; have always had many more "resets" in the cold weather.

Has anyone seen this before or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Car is in for first service in 8 days time so maybe........6475 or instrument panel update will correct?

·
Registered
43 Posts
A new bug. Short 3 mile drive this morning to buy a paper - all working normally. When I start the car to return and drive off the traffic sign readings start flashing. All units are correct ie mph and distance in miles, but the traffic sign speed indicator is reading the signs in mph and converting them to mph. Never seen this before. Searching all the settings, including those in maps, I can find no way of changing this. Tried the usual stop/start car several times to no avail. Checked to see if any sign of an OTA update but nothing obvious. Only option is to turn off the traffic sign indicator or suffer flashing every time the speed limit changes.

Only difference I can think of is that it was the first really cold night so taking car out of garage possibly into the cold; have always had many more "resets" in the cold weather.

Has anyone seen this before or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Car is in for first service in 8 days time so maybe........6475 or instrument panel update will correct?
This bug is the most common of all of them and has been reported multiple times in the Facebook Group. It goes away of its own accord. Did you pass a speed sign on your journey? Next time you pass a speed sign it could reset. Also 6475 might fix it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're right, the car came with this bug and it corrected itself after a week or so but I have never seen it since. Was assured by Fiat and dealer it would not return.

I passed many speed signs, all read as kmph - plan to try later when weather warmed up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just tried the car having left it in the sun for a couple of hours and it corrected itself at the first sign. Thanks for the reminder 23dash, just hoping it doesn't return and that weather is not a factor. I've never come across anything with such flaky software and I've designed far more complex systems!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts