Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
bought a 2014 500e December 8, 2020. So far, love the little bugger. We named her Pearl Jetson (Pearl color and sounds like the Jetsons little ship - yeah I know, showing my age). Anyway, first step into the electric car era. Best feature? Instant heat and defrost! Worst feature, limited range and charging speed. However, over all, for my 10 mile a day commute is perfect. Sure beats driving my 2002 F350 diesel at 14mpg. Def saving money! And, if Oregon sends me the Charge Ahead rebate, will be even better off (In the black, to be honest). Still not sure about the ’save the planet’ viability of the car. Lots of controversy about the battery’s and manufacturing methods. But as far as my personal life is concerned, is helping me save about 30-40$ a month.

seasons greetings!

Lance

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
729 Posts
Hi all,
bought a 2014 500e December 8, 2020. So far, love the little bugger. We named her Pearl Jetson (Pearl color and sounds like the Jetsons little ship - yeah I know, showing my age). Anyway, first step into the electric car era. Best feature? Instant heat and defrost! Worst feature, limited range and charging speed. However, over all, for my 10 mile a day commute is perfect. Sure beats driving my 2002 F350 diesel at 14mpg. Def saving money! And, if Oregon sends me the Charge Ahead rebate, will be even better off (In the black, to be honest). Still not sure about the ’save the planet’ viability of the car. Lots of controversy about the battery’s and manufacturing methods. But as far as my personal life is concerned, is helping me save about 30-40$ a month.

seasons greetings!

Lance
Nice, I have had my 2017 e for 9 months now and put on 14,000 miles (3 of those months it was parked as i was laid off during peak pandemic during stay at home lock down). I drive it 74-80 miles avg a day, sometimes more. Its so far been serving me okay, although now i seem to be having a electrical bugger that i believe is somehow related to a wire harness in the hatch that has a short. I think its somewhere right where the weather sealed accordion boot is there is a broken wire, my rear wiper has been randomly going haywire even while not in use and sometimes get a brake light out warning but everything appears working.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, interesting. My rear wiper comes on once in a while too, when the front wipers are turned on. I’m suspecting the wiper stalk switch in my case. That’s the only gremlin I’ve found so far. Car has 46,000 on it and is from California. I’m 3rd owner, and, seems was leased first, then sold, then to an auction, and ended up on a lot in Eugene Oregon.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
729 Posts
Hmm, interesting. My rear wiper comes on once in a while too, when the front wipers are turned on. I’m suspecting the wiper stalk switch in my case. That’s the only gremlin I’ve found so far. Car has 46,000 on it and is from California. I’m 3rd owner, and, seems was leased first, then sold, then to an auction, and ended up on a lot in Eugene Oregon.
Mine goes on and off randomly (mostly when i first switch on the car though). Im the second owner on mine, it was a lease return with only 21k miles, right now it has just turned 36k today.

BTW Eugene is a nice place, small town but go ducks!! My niece goes to U of O. I like that Pizza parlor track town pizza, they got some awesome pizzas. I been there number of times visiting, Portland is pretty nice too. I like the no sales tax there, i do all my pricy item shopping there lol especially when new iphones come out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only complaint really, is no one can locate the extra key. Only have one. Sigh... I’ve tracked down the Californian dealership that took it in, in 2017, and someone lost it in about that time frame. Next owners i also contacted and they never had 2.

but yeah Eugene is a good town to visit for sure. My wife makes me take her to Trader Joe’s. Also, in a normal year, some good concerts.

·
Registered
729 Posts
My only complaint really, is no one can locate the extra key. Only have one. Sigh... I’ve tracked down the Californian dealership that took it in, in 2017, and someone lost it in about that time frame. Next owners i also contacted and they never had 2.

but yeah Eugene is a good town to visit for sure. My wife makes me take her to Trader Joe’s. Also, in a normal year, some good concerts.
Yes I was there I think was last year or maybe year before for death cab for cutie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve had the car a month now. Am happy with it every time I drive it! And, the Charge Ahead rebate sent me confirmation that a check is on the way! So cool! Long term future plans are to, upgrade battery and do it myself. But not until the warranty is gone at minimum which should be 2022 some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts