Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hers some photo's of a new Abarth,, at our Kansas City Auto show. NO stripe. Is the stripe a option. Kind of like it with no stripe. She's a performance sleeper. Make mine the gray color.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The stripe and matching mirror cap is an option. $350.

They come in Black, Red and White; but they cannot be the same color as the car.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Looks sooooo much better without the stripe. Less cluttered.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This is the first shot where I really don't care for the bumped out nose. Hope it's the pic angle! The seats though - oooohhhhh how I can't wait to sit in them......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Niiiice! That's just how I ordered mine, except with black leather instead of red. The trouble with the factory stripe is that it breaks into a bunch of individual segments toward the rear wheels, which will make waxing a chore (wax residue all around the edges of the decals). Plus, decals always end up looking nasty over time.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
....... The trouble with the factory stripe is that it breaks into a bunch of individual segments toward the rear wheels, which will make waxing a chore (wax residue all around the edges of the decals).
one word: toothbrush. or is that two words? :confused:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm with you Smark, that red interior is sweet. Maybe ten years ago I was at hotel that was hosting a Ferrari event. They trailered in a gray Ferrari 550 with the burgundy interior. Ever since then I though that combo was so classy.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Niiiice! That's just how I ordered mine, except with black leather instead of red. The trouble with the factory stripe is that it breaks into a bunch of individual segments toward the rear wheels, which will make waxing a chore (wax residue all around the edges of the decals). Plus, decals always end up looking nasty over time.
I hear you, but a couple of things: I bought the decals on ebay (same as Abarth style but say "500" instead) for $40. So if you change your mind, you can always get a set. Also if they get ratty they are cheap and easy to change.

As far as waxing goes, no problem they are very thin and don't catch much if any wax.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
This is the first shot where I really don't care for the bumped out nose.
That is one of my favorite parts! The nose is bumped out to make room for the turbo.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That is one of my favorite parts! The nose is bumped out to make room for the turbo.
Same here. Makes the car looks less stuby.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just looking at the profile of those tires makes my kidneys hurt.
i feel worse for the tire guy whos gonna have to change those someday.

from what i remember at the auto show, the stripe has a matte type finish and may or may not smudge if you go over it with a buffer.
honestly thought i wouldnt even recommend waxing a car anymore just wash and claybar and buff with rubbing compound when needed.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
View attachment 1965 While at the auto show, the Fiat rep, gave me this Abarth booklet showing all the current options on this model. He told me each dealer is only going to receive 10-12 car each. Large western states more cars. He also said the 500T 130 hp, will be coming out too, if you don't get a Abarth model this year. Bummer!!!!! I notice the Abarth because of the different placement of muffler, has no room for a spare tire. The rep also told me later models of the Abarth with leather, will receive heated front seat. He couldn't give me a date for sure. I ask him, why the rear seats, don't match the front red ones. He told me everyone, at the show has ask him the same question. No good answer. My daughter like the car with stripes. My wife and I like the stripe less car. Gray Abarths are just plain HOT looking, compared to the standard sport model.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
View attachment 1965 While at the auto show, the Fiat rep, gave me this Abarth booklet showing all the current options on this model. He told me each dealer is only going to receive 10-12 car each. Large western states more cars. He also said the 500T 130 hp, will be coming out too, if you don't get a Abarth model this year. Bummer!!!!! I notice the Abarth because of the different placement of muffler, has no room for a spare tire. The rep also told me later models of the Abarth with leather, will receive heated front seat. He couldn't give me a date for sure. I ask him, why the rear seats, don't match the front red ones. He told me everyone, at the show has ask him the same question. No good answer. My daughter like the car with stripes. My wife and I like the stripe less car. Gray Abarths are just plain HOT looking, compared to the standard sport model.

It is comforting to know if demand does become high that Fiat will ramp up production on the Abarth; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y0VGknNFKdc
I don't think it will be to much of an issue though if they come out with the 500T and whats coming on the market from other manufactures

1 - 20 of 35 Posts