Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just fitted my new Abarth steering wheel and thought you guys would be interested in seeing it..

It has a great feel to it and is thicker than the standard fit item.

It is an easy swap and took around 30 mins, If I had to do it again I could do it in 15.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! Was all the controls, on the new steering wheel plug and play?
Yes they were but my car is a European version and they old controls are the same.
Here is a photo if the old wheel.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Did you change out the carbon fiber dash? Like the red trim detail. It looks white, in the upper photo. Wish the US models, had the little open pocket under driver side AC. I'd put my garage remote, in it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
oddly enough I was just checking the parts catalog to see if there were any Abarth pieces listed yet. of course the answer was 'no'. bummer.

when I find out something, I'll post it here. I'm really interested to see "How Much" for that wheel and a couple other 'goodies'. ;)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Looks 110% better, I hope we can do this without issue on the US model soon.
of course this is a 'right hand drive' model steering wheel. its doubtful that it would work on a 'left hand drive' car.

it would cause the car to turn in the opposite direction...........:p

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have just fitted my new Abarth steering wheel and thought you guys would be interested in seeing it..

It has a great feel to it and is thicker than the standard fit item.

It is an easy swap and took around 30 mins, If I had to do it again I could do it in 15.

Amazing. Three thumbs up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The red stitching would look perfect in my car. I want one, but I also want to keep my steering wheel controls. So it is the waiting game.

But I like the flat bottom, I find my leg sometimes bumping the steering wheel when turning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you change out the carbon fiber dash? Like the red trim detail. It looks white, in the upper photo. Wish the US models, had the little open pocket under driver side AC. I'd put my garage remote, in it.
Yes I have changed my dash 3 times. It is a very easy job to do.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
RUI,

Great job! Love the wheel and the dash!!!

Just a little FYI for those of us in North America.

The EU wheels will not work on our cars. Our airbag design is a little different and the EU wheels will not work with our bags.

We imported in some custom wheels from BLACK for trial fitting and they bag was the issue. Other then that everything worked fine, but the airbag is a deal breaker.

We are working with them on some options and will hopefully have some great looking wheels available soon.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Nevermind the fact the steering wheel for the UK model goes on the right hand side. Ours are on the left.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts