Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I recently became a Fiat owner, didn't plan to. A relative had a low mileage 2013 Abarth and decided they didn't want to trade it in, so gave it to my older son, who doesn't want to drive manual, so I now have a new around-town driver. So I have a bright red Abarth, 2013, 37k miles. One first question I have is, I had to get an oil change, and ended up going to a Midas, as other shops didn't have the proper oil filter. Is this normal? Also, are there after market storage solutions for the dashboard for things like wallets, phones etc? I can get a standard phone holder, but looking for a tray like item to put lose keys, wallet etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. Be sure to join up with your local chapter of FIAT Club America. If you have the standard radio (no color lcd screen) then you can do what I do and use a bluetooth dongle that plugs into the aux and usb jack in the glove box. I have a magnetic phone mount that slots into the CD slot.

One thing that you will have to content with is that our cars are small. The second smallest behind a Smart. You will need to be creative with storage. The door compartments are pretty large so maybe look for a clip on organizer. I wouldnt put anything on the dash - they are curved and if you get into an accident anything there is going to turn into a missile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the wlecome, I have a digital radio face. It is a small car, but the stick and turbo are fun. I was also given a 5yr 100,000k mile warranty with maintenance included on it so I hope to have it for a while, it used much less gas than my SUV, so when I don't need to transport both sons, or all 3 dogs, I will use the Abarth. I really want a tray for wallet and IPASS, the cup holder in front of the shifter does a poor job of holding those. I am getting a phone clamp for my phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts