Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just one of the first 'La Prima' electric 500s in UK.

Anyone else on this form got one yet?

Andy

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine before it was registered.

Photos of interior to follow.

Fiat reckons this colour is 'Ocean Green', but it's blue in most lights.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you expecting it to be sold in North America? I've not heard that it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Myself and partner had a test drive in an Ocean Green La Prima 500 Electric last week and it was great! Handled really well, pretty quick and enjoyable to drive, either sedately or when you want to have some fun! The seats and suspension were very comfortable and from our limited time with it, the infotainment system seemed fairy responsive as well.

It would be good to hear how Andy Bowden is getting on with his and his thoughts on real world range?

I have to say I am really interested...OK, they are pretty expensive but it ticks so many boxes. My only slight criticism was the lightness of the steering and how the wheels reacted to white lines etc i.e. a little twitchy. You really could drive it with one pedal though, as the regenerative braking (range mode) certainly did slow the car down and bring it to a halt. In normal mode, it drove and coasted like any other automatic.

I can hear me talking myself into one 😊 but would love to hear if anyone else owns or has tested one out?

Cheers. IAN

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saw a few in the showrooms last Saturday. Like the style and the headlights. Too bad there are no bright colors. Unfortunately could not take it out for a test drive as the demo was not fully charged yet :(. But have an open invite to come back later.

·
Registered
2021 La Prima
7 Posts
I've just one of the first 'La Prima' electric 500s in UK.

Anyone else on this form got one yet?

Andy
Hi..we have a La Prima purchased 23.08.21 it has been recovered back to dealer. Reason, it does not have the slow moving pedestrian warning sound on this car. Having been asked by the police (they wanted to hear the music) to demo, I had to inform them it's not on this car, they contacted the insurer and I'm informed...No warning sound = No insurance.
The car is illegal without it, so be warned, I couldn't even drive it to the dealer 1hr away. That said, it's a great little car, but we will reject it if not sorted by tomorrow 18:00hrs.

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi..we have a La Prima purchased 23.08.21 it has been recovered back to dealer. Reason, it does not have the slow moving pedestrian warning sound on this car. Having been asked by the police (they wanted to hear the music) to demo, I had to inform them it's not on this car, they contacted the insurer and I'm informed...No warning sound = No insurance.
The car is illegal without it, so be warned, I couldn't even drive it to the dealer 1hr away. That said, it's a great little car, but we will reject it if not sorted by tomorrow 18:00hrs.
What progress since your post?
My La Prima purchased in late April does have audible warning (of sorts).

So far as I am aware one cannot sound it manually either with the car stationary or moving. Nor can it be disabled or the volume changed by the user, I believe.

It is barely audible inside the car even with the windows open and it doesn't seem to sound unless the car is moving between 10 and 15 mph. Whether that satisfies the law, i don't know and really don't care.

One has to wonder, @Yerman, what got the police interested in your car. Nothing better to do perhaps?

·
Registered
2021 La Prima
7 Posts
What progress since your post?
My La Prima purchased in late April does have audible warning (of sorts).

So far as I am aware one cannot sound it manually either with the car stationary or moving. Nor can it be disabled or the volume changed by the user, I believe.

It is barely audible inside the car even with the windows open and it doesn't seem to sound unless the car is moving between 10 and 15 mph. Whether that satisfies the law, i don't know and really don't care.

One has to wonder, @Yerman, what got the police interested in your car. Nothing better to do perhaps?
The two police officers were wanting to hear the music after seeing the fiat 500 marketing vids, the car has been returned to us with the sound now operative albeit nearly impossible to hear, inside or out. However, strange how Fiat think one needs to warn pedestrians only once when leaving home but not in the supermarket car park where these collisions are more likely. As we the owners are the reviewers for Fiat 500e in UK it will only improve with updates etc following comments they take on board.
But to be not bothered won't really help when commenting on issues that can and should be addressed by the manufacturer to benefit everyone.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
828 Posts
I don't think it will be sold in America. But, I would really like it to be. :) ..it sure is nice looking. I will just have to be jealous. :)
I wonder now that electric has no emissions constraints like old gas cars of different regions if it’s easier to import certain electric cars into the US? Perhaps the only setback is safety regulations? I don’t think anyone is going to buy 4-5 just to have on stateside for crash testing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted so much to work in a strong company that helps people ensure their goods. I read about MetLife, and I liked it. MetLife is an auto insurance company. Its core business is to sell insurance to people who are either too old, too small, or too sick to find their own company. People at MetLife are smart people. It's their job to come up with new products, and they do. You may read some reviews on joywallet.com about how they work and how they help.

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine was about the first non-demo on the road in UK in late April, surely there must have been more than 5 since then?

Only issues, I've had were resolved by software updates which I got in late July. Main problem was speed limit sign recognition accuracy which before the update was awful.

I don't know what charging arrangements you've gone for. I might be able to give you some tips by PM.

Andy

·
Registered
2021 La Prima
7 Posts
Mine was about the first non-demo on the road in UK in late April, surely there must have been more than 5 since then?

Only issues, I've had were resolved by software updates which I got in late July. Main problem was speed limit sign recognition accuracy which before the update was awful.

I don't know what charging arrangements you've gone for. I might be able to give you some tips by PM.

Andy

Andy
Our La prima (Evie) sounds as if it has mice in the callipers, squeeking each time it comes to a stop, the ventilation is pathetic, condensation unless fan on, the rear view mirrors are way too big, the A.C pump failed after 50 mls. the pedestrian warning sound is barely audible, infact it's pathetic, most are complaining about this. Fiat may or may not address this. But it's ok for now, all in all we wouldn't buy if we knew what we know now.

Andy
Hi, I'm led to believe that the traffic recognition is picked up from the navigation system position and not by camera. Tom Tom. We passed two signs that were circular but unreadable but instantly recognised by the road sign "reading system" I think not.....

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our La prima (Evie) sounds as if it has mice in the callipers, squeeking each time it comes to a stop, the ventilation is pathetic, condensation unless fan on, the rear view mirrors are way too big, the A.C pump failed after 50 mls. the pedestrian warning sound is barely audible, infact it's pathetic, most are complaining about this. Fiat may or may not address this. But it's ok for now, all in all we wouldn't buy if we knew what we know now.
The only one of that list applicable to mine is the feeble pedestrian warning sound.
I drive mine in 'Range' mainly and it's generally regenerative braking which stops the car. No nasty noises from the discs when I use them.
No regrets with my purchase. About 3,500 miles driven since April.
Hi, I'm led to believe that the traffic recognition is picked up from the navigation system position and not by camera.
I'm certain that it's the camera which recognises speed limit signs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts