1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Product Specification

Item Condition: Brand New
Increase the Horsepower and Torque, and Improve the Gas Mileage
The cold air intake can help your engine to suck in more cooler air resulting in better throttle response and higher explosive horsepower output
All the parts being shown can be spray painted with different color
Mandrel-bent Aluminum Red piping
Comes with One Foam re-useable and re-washable filter
All Necessary Hardware
General installation instruction is included

Manufacturer claims a min of a 5 Horsepower Gain at the Wheels!

Dyno proven results!

High Quality Construction!

This intake is designed specifically for the North American Version of the FIAT 500 .

Direct bolt on replacement designed to bolt on and replace the restrictive factory intake system.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The thing that surprises me is how every car I've seen on the dyno reaches 98~101 HP stock.

Either Fiat found a way to eliminate friction losses, or our little engine is putting out more power than we initially thought. Would 115 HP sound about right?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
yeah generally cars lose 10-15% of its power through the drivetrain before it reaches the wheels so our Fiats SHOULD be dynoing at 85-90 WHP but ive also noticed they all dyno at least 98 WHP, would is probably why its faster to 0-60 MPH than any other car in its class ( except the mini)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is it possible that these guys are adjusting the benchmarks to show a higher hp on the dyno chart? I can't imagine any reason for Fiat to lowball the cars stock hp. On the other hand, it wouldn't look too impressive for competizione if their add-ons only resulted in 93 hp (even if it was 88 hp base) just due to the low number.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Different dynos + different conditions + different cars = different results. I've seen hp variations as high as 150 hp for the same car on different dynos.

Dynos are a tuning tool. They're best used as a benchmark. If a mod gives a 5% increase average in power over the previous runs made on the same dyno under the same conditions, then it doesn't matter if the car dynoed 80, 100, or 1,000 whp - it's still a 5% increase. They are NOT an accurate measure of total output.

FWIW, our 500 put down numbers in the low 80's. This was done on a hot FL day on a Dynojet (which also have wild variations between themselves). I've seen other 500's in the low to mid 80's. Our intake built on the spot gave us close to 5% increase also so Will's numbers for his tested and tuned intake are more than believable, and that's all that matters :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Car on makes 77 whp. How is that 98. Will have dyno sheet for you guys soon. A 100 h.p. (as advertised) car is not going to lose on 2 h.p. through the drivetrain. Sorry but......................

·
Registered
313 Posts
This is a great product, I have one installed on my 500 and I love it, truly a great mod!
You won't regret it, and I can vouch your seriously feel the power gain!

and @ ROCK500 I really don't see how you can even argue dyno numbers if you don't even have a dyno sheet present at the time or your argumentative post. You have nothing to support what you are saying....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Will,

Is it possible to get pics posted of this intake, installed on the 500? Will it fit with your upper brace also installed? While I'm asking questions, will it fit with both the upper brace and factory engine cover installed? Thanks! John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts