Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I maybe have had a similar fault. During Thanksgiving weekend, I was parked at the curb on a residential street. I started to do a U-turn, couldn't make the radius so pressed the "R" button and then nothing. On the screen displayed "Service Propulsion System". My car was now blocking half the street, fortunately it was a quiet neighborhood. Pushing any shift buttons resulted in no response. I turned the ignition off, removed the key, put the key back in and turned it to start. Still nothing. I again removed the key, exited the car, closed the door, opened it again, went thru the start sequenced again, and this time when I selected "D" it responded and I drove off. Haven't had a problem since (knock on wood)

What the heck happened??
Same here, two weeks ago i picked up my daughter from work and we drove home, about a kilometer (yes i live in Europe) from home i had the same problem. Take out the key and put it in again and you're off again... Went tot the local fiat dealer, they checked for any messages, bit there werd none...

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,682 Posts
When I shift without being fully stopped mine sometimes "stalls" like that, but is always fixed by just removing the key until the instrument screen goes OFF (not just dark dark grey).

41 - 43 of 43 Posts