Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fiat Friends,

I'm pleased to see this site and forum, and I'm very pleased that Fiat is coming back to North America. There is no advertising or publicity program that I have seen here on the coast, and getting any reliable info is tough, so I appreciate that we can share whatever we learn.

I've had a 124 spider and two X1/9's in the past and they were very good cars. I currently have a Vespa GTS for my Italian motoring fix.

Perhaps unusually for a north american, I've driven two of the new 500's as rental cars in Italy. We have a little apartment there, so I get to go fairly often. I can say the the new 500 is a delight to look at and it is a real pleasure to drive. Wonderfully light and nimble, it is very unlike any domestic car I've driven.

I even have some photos of the car that I drove if anybody wanted some 'real world' pics.

Ciao for now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the site. Fiat just did a media launch event in Vancouver a few weeks ago. Too bad you didn't know about it or you might have just gone there. Definitely post up any pics you have. We're all Fiat fans heres and appreciate any Fiat. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks inline 4,

What a burn! I can't believe I missed a Fiat event. I'm pretty constant in my my hunt for Fiat info, and I've signed up for so many notification services that I'm amazed that I didn't get any notification. Oh well.

I will post some of my 500 pics after I check the posting rules.

And it's good to be among others who 'get it' when it comes to the 500.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yet another new Vancouver member

I've been in the market for a new car for a year now and have looked at Fiat, Mini, Ford, Scion, Mazda, etc. I have been away for a few weeks and am happy to see there is finally some news about Vancouver Fiat. My hopes for buying a 500 or even Abarth have been renewed; any info regarding events, dealerships etc. would be appreciated. I live in East Van, west of the Drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hello Fiat Friends,

I'm pleased to see this site and forum, and I'm very pleased that Fiat is coming back to North America. There is no advertising or publicity program that I have seen here on the coast, and getting any reliable info is tough, so I appreciate that we can share whatever we learn.

I've had a 124 spider and two X1/9's in the past and they were very good cars. I currently have a Vespa GTS for my Italian motoring fix.

Perhaps unusually for a north american, I've driven two of the new 500's as rental cars in Italy. We have a little apartment there, so I get to go fairly often. I can say the the new 500 is a delight to look at and it is a real pleasure to drive. Wonderfully light and nimble, it is very unlike any domestic car I've driven.

I even have some photos of the car that I drove if anybody wanted some 'real world' pics.

Ciao for now.
I am also very happy to see Fiat in north America. For the longest time I been waiting for this to happen, about time Fiat :)

In terms of drive-ability is their any specific car in north America you would compare the Fiat 500 to?

"real world" pictures of the 500 would be delight! even your previous cars if you have those pic's laying around

Thanks inline 4,

What a burn! I can't believe I missed a Fiat event. I'm pretty constant in my my hunt for Fiat info, and I've signed up for so many notification services that I'm amazed that I didn't get any notification. Oh well.

I will post some of my 500 pics after I check the posting rules.

And it's good to be among others who 'get it' when it comes to the 500.
I've been in the market for a new car for a year now and have looked at Fiat, Mini, Ford, Scion, Mazda, etc. I have been away for a few weeks and am happy to see there is finally some news about Vancouver Fiat. My hopes for buying a 500 or even Abarth have been renewed; any info regarding events, dealerships etc. would be appreciated. I live in East Van, west of the Drive.
I have been finding some information here on the 500, its not enough for now but im sure were going to see more and more. As I do my own research on the 500 i will post here as well

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Kerry and FiatFan,

Kerry; Good to have another Fiat person aboard here on the coast. I think the 500 will be a success here, and I think it deserves to be.

FiatFan;I've tried to post pictures in the picture thread, and it doesn't work for me. I'll try again. I do have real world pictures of the 500. We've rented them twice in Italy.

I think that the mini is likely one of the cars Fiat is aiming at. I've only been in a mini convertible, so my comparison may not be valid. I'm also comparing a European model Fiat with an NA Mini. However, the Fiat feels larger inside, for front and rear leg and chest room. The ride in the fiat is softer, but not at all sloppy. Both go around corners in a very stable manor, and feel equally comfortable on the highway. I feel that I am sitting 'in' the mini, and farther down than in the Fiat. In the 500 I fell that I am closer in seat elevation to other cars, and with better visibility.

I like the Smart, but the 500 is really a much better drive. The 500 is also much more modern that my old 124 or X-1/9.

I'll try again with pictures, but I'm not optimistic.

Stay in touch!

·
Registered
99 Posts
"build your own"

There's a link in the Fourm's LA Auto show article to Fiat America's "build your own" Fiat 500. I wonder if Canada will have the same ability?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Kerry and FiatFan,

Kerry; Good to have another Fiat person aboard here on the coast. I think the 500 will be a success here, and I think it deserves to be.

FiatFan;I've tried to post pictures in the picture thread, and it doesn't work for me. I'll try again. I do have real world pictures of the 500. We've rented them twice in Italy.

I think that the mini is likely one of the cars Fiat is aiming at. I've only been in a mini convertible, so my comparison may not be valid. I'm also comparing a European model Fiat with an NA Mini. However, the Fiat feels larger inside, for front and rear leg and chest room. The ride in the fiat is softer, but not at all sloppy. Both go around corners in a very stable manor, and feel equally comfortable on the highway. I feel that I am sitting 'in' the mini, and farther down than in the Fiat. In the 500 I fell that I am closer in seat elevation to other cars, and with better visibility.

I like the Smart, but the 500 is really a much better drive. The 500 is also much more modern that my old 124 or X-1/9.

I'll try again with pictures, but I'm not optimistic.

Stay in touch!

Hey Umbrianissimo.....where are you pictures currently?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FiatFan,

I've put some pic's of the red 500 I drove in Italy in the new and old (or something) thread in the pictures forum. You have to click on the thumbnails to get the pic's to open in a new frame. The posting thing is not working out for me.

Strangely, I have no pictures, digital at least, of my X-1/9's. Might be some prints in the basement that I could scan. Man, that was a great car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello from Fiat of Maple Ridge

We are so excited about the arrivals of our first Fiat 500. They should be rolling off the truck at the end of February.

We will be having a HUGE party to welcome the Fiat 500 to our family. To recieve an invite, please just join our facebook page by clicking HERE

We will also be holding facebook contests and giving away cool Fiat stuff.

Watch for us at the Vancouver International Auto Show - you will not be able to miss us(we will be dressed up!!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
We are also waiting for news here at Fiat of Maple Ridge. We are off to training at the end of the month. We hav ebeen told that our first 500's should arrive at the end of the month or early March.

We have a facebook page set up to provide everyone with more information. As well we will be holding some cool contests coming up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts