Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
I am from Houston, Texas. I am currently the happy owner of a 2007 Nissan Versa. I joined this forum to further educate myself and learn through your experiences if I should go ahead and get one of these Italian beauties. I took a chance on the Versa when it first came out and it has been a great car. I wish all of you as much good fortune with your 500, as I have had with my V. automobilismo felice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Tweak, I would be trading my V for this car. So far, I think my wife would be OK with my decision. She was with me at the local Dodge dealer where we saw the 500 upclose. I told her that I really liked the car ever since it featured on Top Gear, she actually said "just trade your Versa for it". That was as much a green light as I would ever need. All I need now is to do some research and the trade in value of my Versa.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want a huge car note because I am paying a Grand Caravan, so I would go for the Pop trim. Once I pay off the van I can go back to the 500 and add wheels, spoilers, and other goodies. I want a manual transmission, which apparently not many people want because the local inventory doesn’t have Pop trims with manual. The color I want is either Argento or Bianco; I live in a city where it gets very hot so a light color I believe is the way to go. I wonder if the base models come pre-wired for woofer speakers, fog lights, and possible Bluetooth (if i get a mobile phone). Cruise control would be a nice feature, but I hardly use it in my Versa. Funny how something’s you once thought as indispensable with the passing of time just become excessive and unnecessary. I do want that rear luggage carrier or the Thule roof luggage carrier system that I have read online about. I think you can see I really want this car.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Power seats I found to be a useless feature, I tend to adjust and leave it alone, went with that option before and after 10 yrs I think I adjusted it like 3 times so this go I didn't care about them. Manuals are fun but I need at least one vehicle to be an auto so I snagged a Sport in blue with auto. I don't know anything of the stereo other than the Bose 7 piece, amp in trunk area and sub under passenger seat. We have some great members so someone with a Pop will likely be able to tell you about the fogs and other wiring, recently some discussions went on about wiring under the seats. If you like the Versa then I can only imagine you will LOVE the 500.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Howdy fellow Houstonian! What dealers are you looking at? The reason I ask this is because the dealership I bought my Pop from has a few standard transmission Pops in Bianco and Argento starting at $16,100.

From what I know all new Pops come standard with Blue and Me, but some of the older ones do not (Mine doesn't have it and it doesn't really bother me because I don't talk on the phone when I'm driving). You'll just have to double check when you test out the car.

And if they don't have the exact car you want in stock you can always order it! I did...then again I couldn't wait for its arrival so the dealer sold me my 2nd favorite color pop (which I like better) for a few hundred off msrp plus free tinting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Untitledblue,
I have only checked online inventory through the FiatUSA link. Since I work in The Woodlands I will be visiting the Northeast Studio. I need to check to see what is in stock.

·
Registered
433 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum.

I had considered a Versa hatch for my last commuter car. unfortunately the only one left on the east coast with a manual trans in 2008 was 500 miles away. I didn't appreciate the local dealer trying to hard sell me on a CVT when I was clear about not wanting an auto box, haven't looked at another Nissan since.

shouldn't be too hard to find a bianco or argento 5 speed, best of luck =)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Greetings Tacuvito!

I have been obsessing for a good month or so thinking about getting the 500. I rented a POP with auto for a weekend and was not crazy about the ride. I did test a Sport manual and found it to be more comfortable. The $2,000.00 the get a upgraded radio, leather trim seats and nicer wheels. People think I am crazy for wanting this car but I just think the car is the coolest thing... Good Luck!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had a Pop for a year or so, then was offered a great deal on a year newer Sport. Sport has more comfortable seats, plus all the goodies... fog lights,
Bose stereo, B&M, etc. Liked the Pop but LOVE the Sport! Welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts