Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm not actually very familiar on how forums go, but this one helped me to choose my car, so I decided to give it a try.

I'm waiting, eagerly if I may say, my car to arrive to the dealership. If they are not lying to me... I guess I'm going to be the very first owner of a 500c in Mexico. So let me tell you something about how I ended with this.

This was the third time I tried the 500 (down in Mexico they'be been in sell the last four years or some, with the Euro Spec). The first one, I saw a color combination I really didn't like (it was something brown and white and black), so I ended up buying aMitsu Lancer GTS S&S. I regreted this two months later, since I have to take it to the dealership once a month for one or another problem.

After I decided to get rid of the Lancer, I went to see the 500 again, but we just had the Audi A1 presentation and I get caught on the hip of it and I bought one. I waited almost 4 months for it, and when it arrived, it was an awesome car. Red with the roof pillars in grey, bose sound, keyless entry, it was a great ride, until two months later, when I crashed it and ended up as junk. Obviously after this I went looking for another A1, but I found out that the only one available was near 6k more expensive than the one I had, and if I wanted one like mine, I should wait for another 8 months. So I had to start looking around.

This is the third time, and I was compelled to go to Fiat to see a 500 Lounge. I was also considering to get a new beetle or a Mini. But I fell in love with the 500c. I mean, I hate to say this, but is a really cute car (handsome as my gf would say). So, since I've heard some bad things about the mini, and the new beetle is nowhere near to be seen here in Mexico, and seems it's going to be more expensive than it should (at least down here),

I was bidding for a rosso with beige roof and red and white leather interiors, but seems that all the 500c are going to the States, and the dealer is getting a Rosso with black roof and black leather seats, so I've already put down money for it without even seeing it.

I'm still a little nervous, since I don't want to fell like I went back in time to the Lancer every month warranty claims, but I guess I'll take the risk.

I'm seeing my car for the first time this saturday and can't hardly wait, I just want to have it... so hopefully I'll be as happy as all of you guys that post around here.

I'll write a little more when I get it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That's a pretty interesting story, thanks for sharing. I saw the 500c today for the first time when I picked up my new lounge, it's a very nice looking convertible and I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw it and I can't wait to have my hands on it! I'd should be picking it up tomorrow, but the insurance company is having problems setting the car up in their system, so I guess I won't be able to try it until Friday....:S

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure if you're serious or not but you definitely earned the nick Lunatic. You didn't buy a 500 initially, because you didn't like the color you saw? Huh? Really? Drive safe buddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I'm pretty weird with that, it wasn't only the color I saw, but the salesguy attitude. Down here in Mexico most of the brands don't have the option to customize the cars, and this guy was very specific on telling me that I only had three options on exterior colors (white, red and black) and that the three of them would be with the brown/beige interiors... so I was really dissapointed with that.

What I loved about my A1, and with this new round of mexican 500's, is the ability of changing things and personalize your car. So yes, I know it sounds weird I ruled the 500 out the first time because of the brown/beige seats, but I don't really like the combination of those sits with black plastic, white parts in the dashboard and white/red/black on the exterior ;)

BTW, my friends keep telling me I'm a little crazy about that, maybe I have a light OCD... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts