Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth with an intermitant thunk noise up front, a P006D, and a Tire Pressure Malfunct
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Just got my 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth for a great price and I've already dived into it. I love the idea of the car and want to make it my summer work horse to get to work events as it has very good gas mileage and to save miles off my Evo or Lightning.

It came with the following mods.

Madness Pedal
Madness Intake
Madness OG ECU Thingy set to 6 (goes from 1 to 9)
Front Brace Bar 500 Madness
New clutch kit (flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, rear main seal)
Upgraded shifter bushings
Reverse light LED retrofit

So it drives great and makes great power.

Issues
  1. Already threw a failure for the TPMS, it won't read a wheel and size I have arranged the wheels around it still reads the side wheels as front. I am going to try to get new tires and all new sensors.
  2. CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK. Have that dreaded thunk up front struts. Already ordered CFP Strut hats and a brace bar, already sprayed the steering shaft with white lithium grease. Steering feels fine but definitely get that clunk up front with minor steering and bumps.
  3. POO6D. I think it is from my Madness box. May take it off but I like how it makes the boost higher
  4. Stripes are tired, need to pull them off.
  5. I need a Madness Heat Shield. (anyone have one?!?!?!)
  6. I need a Wiper Cowl Shroud.
I am the 5th owner and it originally was a show car. last owner bought it in October and never drove it. Car only has 40,700 miles on it.

Here is the 1st seller and what he did to it.

Another sale thread, this poor car has been passed around but it finally has a home now.

Thanks for having me, I love this car and can't wait to make it perfect. Any advice????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, of course, there is a risk that a supported car may be unsafe, since it is unknowable how many times it got into an accident, whether its body is broken, and so on. But before buying, you can check its history at Free VIN Check of your vehicle | VIN History Report | VinGurus, this service is free and you will not spend more money. But supported cars are much cheaper, and many cannot afford a car from a car dealership that they dream about.

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth with an intermitant thunk noise up front, a P006D, and a Tire Pressure Malfunct
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, judging by the photos the car is in good condition, but if I were you, I would check its history. The seller will never tell you the whole truth, and you must be sure that this car is safe.

i have the car fax. It’s perfect. Car has the clunk sound from the front I’m am trying to fix. TPMS light too. Drives perfectly otherwise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plug in, On the dash board TomTom navigation unit.

View attachment 109706
Way ahead of you. It reads my media player too and I’ve ordered a new battery and cable for it to update my maps. It has a Fiat on it when I start. It’s near I like it.

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
i have the car fax. It’s perfect. Car has the clunk sound from the front I’m am trying to fix. TPMS light too. Drives perfectly otherwise.
possible, broken engine mount, or bad half shaft.

The TPMS batteries, are probably dead. If you keep getting a low pressure light. With the correct tire pressure in the tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 109714

The TPMS batteries, are probably dead. If you keep getting a low pressure light. With the correct tire pressure in the tires.
I don’t get low pressure I get pressure not available. It worked for a day or two and now it doesn’t.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 109714

I have to check for a bad mount. I think it's just the front strut however seems like it dances around in there pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts