Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just started learning about this car about a week ago. I went on Monday to the dealership to look at them and take a test drive, and ended up leaving with one on a 24 hour test drive. By the next day i was sold. I test drove a 2012 (maybe thats what they all are) Sport model in yellow. with manual tranny, sunroof, auto A/C, and sirius radio. And was amazed by it. I used to own a 2006 MINI Cooper S, and really liked how everything they do is very much like the MINI, from the car to the personalization right down to the marketing strategy. So now im seriously wanting to buy one, but i don't know how great my credit is. I have a 04 Jetta right now thats i still owe $6k on that im going to try trading in or selling. Anyway im going to look around this place and see what kinda info i can get. I always like to do as much research as i can. But any comments or advice or tips would be very welcome. Hope to see you around!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
WELCOME "irishmykl" to the forum. as you found out, the 500 IS an awesome car. just got mine this week.

we'd love to give you some feedback on the buying process and all. just one question: where are YOU?

by posting your location under 'my profile', it might help us direct you to the best FIAT Studio in your area that can help you get out of your Jetta and into a new FIAT 500 Sport. :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you're serious then ask them to run your credit, that way you'll know for sure what you're up against.

If you think you might have a credit problem, the best thing you can do is save for a downpayment while checking into your credit report and seeing what you may be able to do to repair the issues.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELCOME "irishmykl" to the forum. as you found out, the 500 IS an awesome car. just got mine this week.

we'd love to give you some feedback on the buying process and all. just one question: where are YOU?

by posting your location under 'my profile', it might help us direct you to the best FIAT Studio in your area that can help you get out of your Jetta and into a new FIAT 500 Sport. :D
Updated for you. The Fiat studio i went to was HOLT FIAT in Hurst/North Richland Hills area of Texas.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its great that you got to try it for a whole day. Did they offer that to you or you had to ask?
They offered it to me. I was reluctant to do it at first and when i did i was thinking "what have i gotten myself into" but i drove it around showed some friends and family, took it to work and back and really enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
your dealer sounds like a pretty good one, to offer you the car for the day. my dealer, O'Brien FIAT in Greenwood, was kind enough to have one for a weekend, just to drive around town. we went to an Easter Egg Hunt, ran some errands, etc....and ended up putting something like 180 miles on it. got a lot of looks and questions........and in the end, they sold me a car, so it worked out well for both of us! :D

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
So i just started learning about this car about a week ago. I went on Monday to the dealership to look at them and take a test drive, and ended up leaving with one on a 24 hour test drive. By the next day i was sold. I test drove a 2012 (maybe thats what they all are) Sport model in yellow. with manual tranny, sunroof, auto A/C, and sirius radio. And was amazed by it. I used to own a 2006 MINI Cooper S, and really liked how everything they do is very much like the MINI, from the car to the personalization right down to the marketing strategy. So now im seriously wanting to buy one, but i don't know how great my credit is. I have a 04 Jetta right now thats i still owe $6k on that im going to try trading in or selling. Anyway im going to look around this place and see what kinda info i can get. I always like to do as much research as i can. But any comments or advice or tips would be very welcome. Hope to see you around!
1. Manual transmission is the way to go. Don't waste any money on the auto.
2. Reality check: the 500 is a city car. It's not as fast as the Jetta.
3. If you trade in the VW, I'm sure they can help you out. That's what they are there for.
4. To get a better deal this time around, consider the Pop (base model). Try to find one with steel wheels on the lot, they can put you in a new ride, and you can help their sales numbers.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. Manual transmission is the way to go. Don't waste any money on the auto.
2. Reality check: the 500 is a city car. It's not as fast as the Jetta.
3. If you trade in the VW, I'm sure they can help you out. That's what they are there for.
4. To get a better deal this time around, consider the Pop (base model). Try to find one with steel wheels on the lot, they can put you in a new ride, and you can help their sales numbers.
1. YES i wont have another auto car if i can help it.
2. Im not looking for fast, i know its not like my Jetta and thats the point. i was looking at a WRX before this but the fun i had driving it around changed my mind.
3. Thats what im hoping for
4. Im getting the Sport i know the Pop is a better deal but i want the Sport.

THanks for your input

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome! I started with a Pop, but traded for a Sport after a year or so. Like the Sport much better.. 5 sp. of course~

·
Registered
334 Posts
Also, my studio, Florence, Ky. (Sweeny Fiat) let me keep my Pop overnight also for an extended test drive. By the time I got it back, there
was NO way that they were going to get it back from me! Great sales tactics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts