Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The rumored Abarth sports car, based on KTM's X-Bow trackday car could end up taking a very different form by reviving the legendary Lancia Stratos nameplate.

On the same day that rumors of a KTM-based Abarth surfaced, spy photos of a new car that looks nearly identical to the Stratos appeared on various blogs, showing the car testing at a Fiat facility in Europe.

While there is some doubt as to the authenticity of the photos, a revised Stratos is not too much of a stretch. Body panels can easily be fitted around an X-Bow chassis, and news that Fiat will jettison the X-Bow's Volkswagen TSFI powerplant in favour of a Multiair 1.8L four cylinder lend credence to the idea. If Fiat were truly interested in an authentic Stratos, the engine would have to be a V6, but if the vehicle were badged as an Abarth, this oversight could be justified.

More: New Lancia Stratos Spotted; Is This Abarth's KTM-Based Sports Car? on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
The photos are 100% real and I'm happy about that. The Stratos was one of my dream cars growing up. One could argue its one of the best cars ever made and it has the racing pedigree to prove it. The car looks perfect in my opinion. It looks like a more modern version of the original Stratos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts