Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently bought a 2012 Fiat 500 sport. I love it so far! I've never owned a car anything like this before, and so far I have no complaints. I have to say, this Fiat is definitely one of the nicest cars I've ever driven. For a little 20k car, I can't complain. I traded in my 2003 Regal GS for this, mainly because the Regal took premium fuel only and was averaging out to about 19 MPG. I was also looking for something a little more fun to drive year round since my Camaro sits in storage 5-6 months out of the year, and even though a mid 14 second sleeper family car is definitely fun when the pedals down, in normal commuting it was pretty boring, so I went to look for something else. We have a few 500 Pops in our fleet at work, and driving them really impressed me. I was expecting a cramped, cheap, rough riding car like the Elantra or Fiesta/Focus. Instead, I found the 500 to be very spacious and very, very nice. One day after work, I decided to stop in the local Studio and take a look at a Lounge model. I liked it, but then the saleswoman showed me the Sport, and I knew I found the right car. The deal they got me was awesome too, free painted pinstriping, free sunroof (I told them I didn't want a sunroof, and they threw it in free) and my employers discount of 1% below invoice. I joined hoping that I can learn some more about the car, get some new ideas for future mods to my car, and maybe find some local 500 owners!

I live in Youngstown, OH (45 mins NW of Pittsburgh, 60 mins SE of Cleveland). I visit Thompson Raceway Park pretty frequently during the summer months, and the Wexford Starlight Cruise-In down in Pittsburgh every Friday weather permitting. I'll be taking the 500 to Thompson once they open up for the year, if anyones in the area let me know, maybe we can do a 500 track day takeover! ;)

I'm planning on installing some HID's, window tint, and when I get the chance, I'm going to piece together a new exhaust. I'll be using a Magnaflow muffler and probably a Corsa clone tip, should only cost me around $125 compared to Magnaflows $700+. It won't be a full catback, but I'm not doing it for HP gains, I just really don't like how "tin can"-ish the stock Sport catback sounds. When I get around to it I'll post a how-to up, as I'm certain I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Here are some pictures of it when I picked it up from the Studio. I'll get some better ones up when I can keep it clean for more than 15 minutes :(

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Congrats. You forgot to post the pic of you driving through the dealership glass, lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. My Sport is the first non-GM vehicle I have ever owned. My best friend that works at an upstate NY Chevy dealership wants one.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
You will find some good people and good information from here!
you have a very nice car! wait, oh we all have a nice car! lol

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Looks like looking at my own car, always a little odd, can't wait to move on to my cosmetic mods, performance is mostly done, or at least bought. You'll find plenty of helpful info and people here, do a little searching and ask questions and soon you'll be loving the new toy even more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Seems like a very nice site to be a part of here.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. My Sport is the first non-GM vehicle I have ever owned. My best friend that works at an upstate NY Chevy dealership wants one.
Same deal here, excluding a 3 month winter beater Ford I had, this is my first ever non-GM car. Nothing GM makes really excites me anymore. My father has been a GM employee for a very long time and hates foreign cars, and even he admits that he really likes the 500 - he might even end up with one too.

That middle picture is familiar. You bought from Eddy!
Yes I did! Excellent people to deal with, very friendly and very helpful. Did you buy yours there as well?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I TRIED to buy from Eddy, let's put it that way. Clay seemed like a nice guy, but when it came to talking deal, well, there just didn't seem to be a great willingness to sell me a vehicle on any terms but theirs. Classic FIAT in Mentor was the opposite experience-- they bent over backwards to make a deal. Were willing to travel eight hours to get the vehicle I wanted. Ironically, Classic ended up trading for a car I wanted with... Eddy. It was just an odd experience with Eddy. Pennywise and pound foolish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts