Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed 3 new mods on my Grigio. Install was not too hard but time consuming. Like?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice! I've done the spear, considering the gas cap but really interested in the pedals. Which ones did you install, and more important, how difficult?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nice pedals, and Grigio kitteh!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Me and my friend installed everything our selves. Pedals were a pain in the ***. Gas cap was easy, just need two people and the right tools. All the instructions are just diagrams an use metric drill bit & sockets. I purchased a drill and socket set (black & decker/Stanely) on Amazon with metric sizes before I did the install. Fiat gave me the cat to match my car as well...jk!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Like your gas cap. Going install that one day. Did you car come with the side molding?
Did you have to take out the inter-rear wheel liner to install the gas cap?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car did not come with the side molding. I had the factory add them on before I took delivery along with the inserts on the moldings. The gas cap is easy to install if you have someone helping you. jack up car, remove wheel, unbolt factory gas cap, remove wheel well liner from left to right (only removes half way, don't try and pull the whole thing off). Stick your hand up behind the gas cap and remove 2 bolts that hold the fuel door in (hinge). Pull out oem fuel door. Insert new door and bolt from the front and back. Reattach wheel well, wheel. Took 1 hr. Just make sure you have metric socket set, you need 7mm, 8mm, 10mm. One more tip. Stick an old rag in the gas tank so no bolts accidentally slip into your tank. good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the factory gas pedal does have a slight angle to it if you look closely. When you overlay the aluminum pedal it accentuates it a bit more since it is raised and shiny. They were a pain in the *** to put on...recommend having the dealer do it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The pedals: how raised are they from the stock pedals? Christ, if I have to move my seat back any further, I'll have to grow monkey arms to reach the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts