Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought a 500e today. Superb car! Its a 2016 model, with uconnect display.
Now, i need my verhicle pin id for the uconnect app, and this is stored in the EVIC under settings.
However; when i press the menu button, there's no additional menu appearing.
The button itself works, as i can adjust the dimmer and return with the menu button.

I must be doing something wrong i guess?
I read the whole manual (highly unusual for a guy, but okay...:) ) but it simply states "push the menu button, go to settings,.." blabla...

Anyone that can tell me whats the problem here?
Everything else works as described.

Now, as i live in Europe (the Netherlands to be precise) i'd like to change the navigation to europe.
Is there anyone that knows how to do this?

Any advice is highly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Uconnect doesn't work after 3 years. There is no way to activate it. So you don't need the pin. There are many discussions about this and there is no solution for Uconnect.
There is a third party option that offers similar capability, by there is an annual fee plus the initial purchase price.

People have changed the maps to European. Not sure if it is posted here or on one of the facebook groups.
I think most people in the US just use their phones for navigation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, thats a bit shameful then...
By the way: i found a post where it stated that you can only access the menu when the screen shows the car pictured. Indeed; that was the culprit, managed to retrieve the pin, now reading it doesnt work. Bummer..

At least i know its not defective, so thats a positive :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
downloaded the app, registered my vin, but its not possible to use uconnect as my car has not been activated to live services :(

any other way to retrieve battery status etc?

also: how can i disable the annoying honk when locking my car?

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,122 Posts
Locking with the metal key in the driver's door eliminates the beep, but I think it also leaves the alarm off. Same for locking by holding the outer handle open & pushing hard on the inner handle, but try not to lock your keys inside.

REMOTE batt status is only avail from my500e.com

If you're looking for on-site batt details like voltage, temp, cell imbalance, etc, you need the free AlfaOBD "demo" app & $20 eBay bluetooth dongle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked my500e.com, but at that price, i will hire a butler to walk to the car, check, and tell me the bat/charge status!o_O

Have you tried the dongle yourself? From what i read, one cant plug in any odb2 dongle, as the pinout is not conforming standards, and a adapter cable needs to be put inbetween? (yellow and/or green cable?)

naturally, im not going tolock the door with a key when i have a remote. We go forwardin time, not backwards. I dont feel the urge to go back to the stoneage... In fact; the lack of keyless entry/drive is something i almost didn't buy this car for...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is the full information on OBD-2:

(additionally, for B-CAN to connect, you may have to remove terminator resistor from pins 6/14 of your ELM327).

As for TomTom.

I have installed map of Europe in my ' Uconnect 5" '. This is done through the "standard" procedure, with a USB flash drive and "TomTom Home" application on PC. The great disadvantage is: you have to pay 60 euro to TomTom for the Europe map, because it is tied personally to every single unit.

The map for, e.g. Ukraine, is poor, but still better than nothing.

In the last year, people say, TomTom removed from their site all the maps compatible with Uconnect5, but I didn't check it.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,122 Posts
More like research than "luck": A couple others here said the Konnwei KW902 dongle worked so I got that one.

The app doesn't work on iPhones, but it works on my old, old, old Android, so you can either try to borrow a friend's old backup phone, or another member here said you can get one on Amazon for about $15. You don't need cell service, just 5 minutes of wifi to download the app.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts