Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,Great Forum. I pick up me new POP on Wednesday and I am very excited. It's a Rosso Red with Red and Black two tone seats ( have not seen many of these) with the alloy wheel up grade (15")and spare tire kit (which I didn't want but finding a lowcost 500 around he is impossible!)I really wanted a sport but they are 19 plus I paid $16,800 (Is that good?)If I could have found a base sport at $17,500 it would have certainly been worth $700 but I have yet to see one at a dealer at base price. (comments welcome)I am already obsessed with looking upnew toys for it. First Mods will be the Road Race intake, a BLAcK brand carbon and red shift knob and I want a short shift kit. I have seen a few out there any suggestions as to which shift kit offers the best crisp short throw?Hope to chat with all of you. Will post pix!

·
Registered
513 Posts
The Rosso with red black interior would be my choice if I went with a Pop. I think that's a great color combo that just isn't available with the Sport, so that is a plus to think about. Wheels and body panels are a bit better on the sport though. Go with your gut and get what you want. You don't want to regret it afterward.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't know you can't get that color
combo on the sport that makes me feel better lol!!

Is the passenger seat an inch higher on all models or only with the Bose package??

U think I'll stick with my combo. I can always add aa spoiler later. I might lower it a touch also which will probably be an improvement over the sport stock suspension.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes. I second guessing my decision because I would love a base sport. Wonder hhow long it would take to order one?
I spoke about this at length with Kiera and ended up choosing one off the lot. I was quoted a six week minimum wait with most cars being delivered "around two months time," but things may have changed since October. If you can wait there's no reason to settle for anything other than exactly what you want - I love my Sport and would recommend it over the Pop for the suspension upgrade alone, however I'm in the no-modification camp which is the minority on this forum. Which is how it should be. :D

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She is my rep also she is great I am in bit of
a hurry. I could wait 6 weeks but longer than that iis going to put alot of strain on the fam cause we are down to one car. If I could get a sport for $700 more it would be aa no brainier but more than that iis ginna jump my payments to high.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you're working closely with a rep, I'd imagine she should have very little problem finding you a base sport... There are TONS sitting on the lots out here, at least. The only option that I found on most cars out here was the spare tire, but that's an extra $100 (and if you're buying the car, you could certainly sell the spare here on the forums for a profit if you don't want it).

·
Registered
350 Posts
There are two red Sports for $18,000 at FIAT Of Larchmont (914) 341-1600 which is 83 miles from your current Studio. Vin #s : 3C3CFFBR5CT128644 and 3C3CFFBR3CT128643. They also have 3 Red Sports for $18,100 on the lot (with the spare tire).

Oh, and if you DON'T need Red, there are a 10 $18,000 - $18,100 cars within 85 miles of you.

Now get on the phone with Larchmont, see what they can do (I'd imagine you can get the $18,000 car for under $17,500 if you push) and if you're willing to give up any potential additional savings because you feel your rep you've been working with has earned your loyalty, tell her to go get you one of those cars...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I contacted the dealer in Larchmont. They or course wanna see me! Gengras was closed to day so I couldnt speak to my rep.

I did find a White Sport within reasonable distance that will part with the car for $16,600. So now I have the choice is $750.00 more worth the sport upgrades? I would say yes however I really wanted the red!.

I tried the AOL best price tool and a dealer in Brooklyn is offering a sport for $16,000 + AD FEES (Whatever that means??)
another not to far from me is 16,646.00. Also a POP configured with wheels according to AOL can be $15,200.00?

I dont wanna beat my rep up and I did leave a deposit on the red pop but Im tempted to ask her to find me a red sport and match the 16,600.00 price or Ill go get the white one. What do you guys think???

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
My advice: Get the Sport. Get the red. With cars like these, the biggest thing they have going for it is that they make the owner "happy". If you are regretting something as major as the color or the general appearance of the car, you're not going to get as much out of it as the additional $750 will cost you. I suggest you send in an internet inquiry to Larchmont, let them know you're very serious, see what they can do on pricing. I called them just to confirm the information I gave you, and they were willing to discount the car $500 without any haggling/negotiating at all.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I Hear ya. The white is growing on me now lol! $500 is one thing but the
offer on the white at $1,500 of msrp seems unbeatable.

I certainly am leaning to the white sport over the red POP that input a deposit on and they located (I better call the dealer in the morning before they pick up the car!!!!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For the curious......

Canceled the POP with my dealer. The same dealer were able to match my best found price and are locating a RED (ROSSO) SPORT and my final sale price is $16,553.00.

I should have it in a few days.!!!! YIPPIE

1 - 20 of 65 Posts