1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I got one of those when I bought my car....I dont think I was supposed to, but it was in the trunk :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Will this be available for the standard 500 too?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Not sure if I understand your question correctly but this is an accessory you can add to any 500 Cabrio

-Benny
I think they are confused. Unless you have cut the roof off your car, this is only for the 500C, not the 500. It's so you don't deafen your passengers with wind.

·
Registered
765 Posts
How does this look with top totally closed (up)? In other words does it block out the window when the top is up?
Its a mesh so you can see through it, but it does sit an inch lower than the top of the convertibles window. Ive had mine since day 1 and I didnt have the back window tinted because the mesh effectively blocks a good % of sunlight.

View attachment 4663

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just added the cabrio windscreen to my 500c it looks really good:) installation instructions were kind of vague so looking at the pics on here really helped

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its a mesh so you can see through it, but it does sit an inch lower than the top of the convertibles window. Ive had mine since day 1 and I didnt have the back window tinted because the mesh effectively blocks a good % of sunlight.

View attachment 4663

Does it help keep wind buffering down? On MINI it helped keep windo noise down and helped keep the cabin area warm on cold days

·
Registered
765 Posts
Does it help keep wind buffering down? On MINI it helped keep windo noise down and helped keep the cabin area warm on cold days
It does reduce the buffeting a little (no matter what other say it does help a smidge) but its by no means a big difference because the top down folds to about the same level as the screen. The mesh is closer to the rear seats so there is a change, but it is not dramatic at all. I like if for the look and the rear shading...its not nearly as important for the wind reduction as it would be on other cars where the top folds into them and the shield is needed to breakup the air flow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts