Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Red Sport today. Can't believe after only 9 months of ownership, I dumped my Kia Soul for the Fiat. I've had a life-long love affair with small cars, especially European cars. This is not my 1st Fiat either. Had a Spider back in the early 70's but it was no match for New England winters. I've also owned an MGB, Corvair Monza, Suzuki X-90, Hyundai Accent and Tiberon to name a few. My new Fiat is the smallest and I think it is going to be the most fun.

One question (I'm sure I'll have more) - does anyone have the cargo liner? Is there anything after-market to put into the rear cargo area to keep things from rolling around?

Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have a small blanket I use as a liner, it gives some traction. I also have a small container that has Velcro feet that I put small moveable things in.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
One question (I'm sure I'll have more) - does anyone have the cargo liner? Is there anything after-market to put into the rear cargo area to keep things from rolling around?

Thanks.
first, CONGRATS on your new 500! sounds like you're already finding out how much fun they are!

about the cargo area, FIAT makes an accessory cargo tray. I think it sells for about $50. but as 'Tweak' mentioned, WeatherTech also makes a cargo liner (much more $$ if I remember correctly). but they DO make great products and I hope to get a set of their front floor trays for my 500 before winter.

oh, almost forgot..............WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
WeatherTech is $89.95 w/o S&H but I would imagine it to be a bit nicer than most if not all others, it has a small cutout (VERY EASY to trim with a sharp razor-blade) if you have the Bose system. The side window vents are nice, a bit tight though so be aware of this, still better than the adhesive type.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. For the time being, a $6.00 plastic crate from Staples and two bungee cords is providing a safe place for small purchases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts