Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was next to a Cooper S in my other car (2011 BMW 535 turbo) and I thought I would see just how fast the Mini was... I was shocked!... 12% grade uphill the Mini and me were about even to 50 mph from a dead stop. I made ground from 50mph - 65 mph. I had no idea they were that strong.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Perspective. Your car is a larger car. My mazda was considerably faster than a few cooper s cars I lined up against but a lightly modded 335 ate my lunch. Just a flash and tback.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My wife is on her second Mini. Neither were S's. I enjoy my 500 but we switch cars often. The Mini is a rocketship compared to the 500 (even the non-S). The only thing that turned me off to a Mini was it's need for premium gas. That adds up after a while. But overall I am very satisfied with the 500 so far. I just past 3k and no big issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ya my JCW Mini S is light years ahead in speed...208 HP vs 101. No comparison.

But they are not comparable. Since the Miini One(94 HP) is not available in the US, there is no real comparison until the Abarth comes out later this year.

Apples and Oranges...BUT the Mini is really fast! I haven't driven a Mini First or Mini One to compare.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Drove a 2008 Mini S for about a year and a half. Rode like crap especially with the run flat tires. Had clunking noise from the undercarriage and a squealing sound from the dashboard. Neither of which the dealer could correct. They finally gave me a get well check for $1000 and I promptly got rid of the Mini. So you guys can talk about Mini's all day long and it falls on deaf ears as far as I am concerned. Go Fiat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts