Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the front brake calipers on my '12 500 Sport since one was dragging and replaced everything. Instillation went good, apart from one of the positioning studs shearing off, bled the calipers like you're supposed to, etc. I took it around the block and it seemed fine but then when I started to go further out it sounds/feels like there's a high spot on the passenger side that rubs (maybe both, too hard to tell). Gets worse with speed as the wheels spin faster, which is to be expected and should subside with use however, the rubbing gets substantially worse when turning the wheel to the right. Even on subtle curves, or turning. And for turning right, after letting off the brakes and giving it gas its as if the pads are pushed back away from the rotor causing a clanking sound. Visually everything looks fine and everything feels like it properly in place so I'm not sure what I need to do.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
976 Posts
You replaced calipers and rotors with new parts and replaced that stud? For me, I'd pull the tire and check run out on the rotors.

But... sounds like a wheel bearing could be bad?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts