1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I like the bar, but I honestly can't see it make a huge difference for myself

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I dare you to buy one and ask yourself that question again.
No dares, then the credit card comes out. I'll probably fab one up.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had a strut bar on my two last cars- Miata and Kia Forte Koup - I didn't notice one bit of a difference either. I am sure at the track it would help, but for regular daily driving...I don't think it changes anything.

·
Registered
777 Posts
if you drive on pothole infesdted roads the bar will keep the car from being a rattlebox in a few years. i put them in all my cars just to keep them feeling new and not beat up after a few hard years on the road.

·
Registered
440 Posts
nice. whose S2000 is that? lol i have one too.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The strut bar helps with overall rigidity of the car. It can make a big difference if you um take a corner vigorously.
So in other words, it will protect your engine bay when you flip the car,lol

·
Registered
530 Posts
Will this fit on the us abarth?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I looked closely at my car and pictures of installed top-mount bars from multiple manufacturers. The mounting holes for these bars are about a foot forward of where my car's strut towers are located. The mounting holes appear to be body panels rather than the frame. How can this possibly improve my Fiat's handling? I really like the looks, but I'm not grasping the mechanics of this mod.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
My take on the FIAT 500 upper strut bars:

On cars that have the strut towers away from the firewall and in a location that allows for flex under cornering, a strut bar makes sense.

The Fiat 500 has located the strut tower right next to the firewall/safety cell of the car so no real noticeable gain in handling dynamics would be achieved by adding a structural bar up in front of the suspension mounting points.

They will however increase rigidity a little in the frontal area, and that might minimize rattles.

Reactions: Alejandr0
1 - 17 of 17 Posts