Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not new to the Italian car family—picked up a 2013 today… I admittedly know zero about 500s and looking to be educated.

Drove it and had to have it. I’ll pick up from my dealer sometime next week, after some paint correction and powder coat on the wheels.

I enjoy tuning and modding—so, open to what needs to be accomplished first.

Current Italian Garage:
  • 2013 FIAT 500 Sport Hatchback in Bianco/Nero
  • 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition 075 in Rosso Alfa/Carbon
  • 2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio in Ocra GT/Nero
  • 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce in Vulcano Black/Rosso/Nero
Previous
  • 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport in Stromboli Gray/Nero
  • 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti in Vulcano Black/Rosso/Nero
I’m “614” across the suite of Alfa forums—IG is alfaromeo.614

Looking forward meeting you all!
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood
Plant Car Vehicle Speedometer Light

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the forums. With the exception of yours being automatic and a 2013, it's identical to mine.

I've done some subtle things but continue to slightly mod it. Such a fun and zippy car to drive.

First mod you should get, is a madness GoPedal. It'll transform how your car feels
I just picked up a Neu-F Torque Arm insert but I don't know if those work for the automatics. It takes the slack out of shifting if you have that spongy feeling like mine does.
I also have a magnaflow exhaust
Replaced the factory air filter with a dryflow filter (cannot remember the brand, but the car filters better for sure and mileage went up slightly)
If you don't know if the spark plugs need replacing, I would suggest replacing them with NGK Iridiums (don't replace with the stock copper ones). I've noticed better fuel economy from when my copper ones had low mileage on them vs these new iridium versions. Gapped to 0.040

Next on the list are handling mods, such as chassis braces (they replace the flimsy steel braces in the wheel wells)
Top and bottom full-length chassis braces as well. Top one is equivalent to a strut tower brace (but it mounts to the frame not the strut towers)
The bottom brace replaces the flimsy steel one underneath as well

The combination of these braces will make your car corner better and feel more planted on the ground.

I'm doing these one at a time myself, so I'll keep you all informed

Enjoy yourself here, there's a ton of knowledge

Reactions: 614 and Vegas Mike

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Eurocompulsion reprogramming tool a bit pricey but my maddness go pedal and piggyback ecm are now gathering dust in a drawer ...its one awesome upgrade 2 performance tunes @ flip of the sport button...check their educational website for tons of good info and options

·
Registered
34 Posts
Eurocompulsion reprogramming tool a bit pricey but my maddness go pedal and piggyback ecm are now gathering dust in a drawer ...its one awesome upgrade 2 performance tunes @ flip of the sport button
I do agree about that being the better option for performance but it depends on to what level you want to take your tuning to. Mine is a daily driver and my complaint with it was the lag felt in day to day driving. The Gopedal worked for that issue quite well

Reactions: 614 and Vegas Mike

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
First thing I did was an STS rear sway bar and then the EuroCompulsion tune that adds about 15% power, speeds up shifts on an automatic transmission, and takes out the gas pedal lag. Been 5 years now.. Then I got Michelin Pilot Sport tires which transformed handling. Not fast but quick. Micro Ferrari.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fantastic, thank you everyone! I’m really looking forward to start modding — I’m very familiar with both Madness products and EC. I have the GOPedals on the QV and Stelvio, also ECU piggyback on the Stelvio.

On the 4C, I have modded to the Centerline Corsa Competizione center exit exhaust by MagnaFlow, have the engine mount bushings, TCM shield, transmission flash, EV V2 intake, phase 2 ECU tune, 15/25mm spacers, etc.

Next up, I’m starting in on the 500 and QV at the same time. I like the idea of the Madness GOPedal and piggyback tune for the 500 at first, as well as the MagnaFlow exhaust. @Vegas Mike, if yours are collecting dust, I’d be happy to buy them off you :)

I love that the 500, much like my 4C Launch Edition bought bone stock with 1500 miles on it, is a blank canvas. Taking delivery on Monday, paint has all been corrected, chips fixed, and wheels machined and powder coated. Really blank canvas!

·
Registered
52 Posts
First thing I did was an STS rear sway bar and then the EuroCompulsion tune that adds about 15% power, speeds up shifts on an automatic transmission, and takes out the gas pedal lag. Been 5 years now.. Then I got Michelin Pilot Sport tires which transformed handling. Not fast but quick. Micro Ferrari.
I had a 2012 Pop, 3 years of gradual mods turned it into a 101 power thrill ride😆
I traded it in for an Abarth, but I still want another Pop ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm..hadn't thought about it ...make an offer...where are you located?..my piggy back was on turbo car and was updated @ madness to latest version 2016ish??
I’m in central Ohio — I’d have to check with Madness on whether or not the kit would be compatible. I’m assuming with no turbo, the pedal and piggyback will likely not work.

So… Any recommendations on a turbo kit? Open to all options.

Thanks again!
Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice looking white 500 Sport you purchase! You really should have
bought a Turbo 500. If you wanted a turbo. Not worth the cost to add one
to your existing car.

I don’t believe there is a after market turbo kit available.
Price was right—I don’t need a turbo for it—I just figured if there were a path to it, why not?

If the path is to just buy a 500T or an Abarth, I suppose that’s that.

I appreciate all the suggestions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts