Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

My name is Blair and I live in Calgary, Canada and I am becoming a big big fan of the Fiat 500. I had the pleasure of putting 500kms on a rental Sport back in July and with my income declining a bit I am looking to get into something a bit smaller and cheaper so if I can sell my current ride I am going to pick up a new Fiat 500 Sport asap, just need to see some colours in person to help make my choice. I would love to wait for the Abarth but not sure the price will be reasonable enough and if I want to wait for one as well.

I am also no stranger to Euro cars and modifications, so my Fiat will not stay stock for long!! I am the president of a local European car club (www.eurodrivers.ca) and am looking forward to bringing a Fiat out to our meets as soon as I can!

A pic of my current ride; 2010 VW GTI with a couple mods (for sale if anyone is interested ;))

And of course I can mod small cars too, my previous ride a Smart ForTwo CDI with some tweaks!

Look forward to seeing you all around the forums!

Blair

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Cool. I'm a previous VW guy too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome!

Like the 'Dub, but the S-42 CDI does nothing for me...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think I have seen you ride on the GolfMkvi I'm currently in a Mkv gti in the process of getting in a sport as well. Welcome.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I have had 7 VWs over the years so my favorite by far but time for something a little smaller and not as common either, hope I can make it happen sooner than later!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deal is nearly there to sell the GTI, so I am going to the Fiat Studio tomorrow to see what I can get and when as timing could become an issue but currently I am wanting a Sport in Verde Chiaro on black with Bose, Sirius and the auto AC in a manual.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GTI is going to its new home on Saturday, so trying to make a deal for a new 500 now; drove an Azzurro on the weekend that was pretty close to what I wanted but the salesman is not too eager to make a deal, so I will see what else there is....

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Nice 450 you have there. Did you add rear side markers, and rear reflectors to that car? Or is that a mod? Or OEM?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, the 450s in Canada had those extra light pods on the rear fenders to meet our government requirements for side lights and reflectors. I prefer the look with out but they drilled holes underneath for wiring so was not worth taking out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well looks like Saturday the GTI is going to the new owner and I should be picking up my new 500!! Azzuro Sport, manual with Sunroof, Bose, Sirius and spare tire, wanted the auto AC but nothing available in a manual with it except for a well used demo.

Pretty excited, and time to start the modding!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey CT where did you end up buying your Fiat?

None of the Stealerships in my area have Fiats so went to Renfrew a few months ago for a test drive and loved it. Just sold my 2007 Charger Daytona at the Renfrew Show and Shine on the weekend and currently driving my wife's old beater (2003 Malibu)

Plan was to wait till Spring to get me a new car but might not wait that long lol.

What dealership did you deal with and how was your salesman?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts