Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick intro, fell in love with the 500 while travelling in Italy for our anniversary in 2010, excited to see it come to the US last year! Wasn't too hard to convince my wife to get it as our other car (2004 Mercedes C230 Sport) was rear wheel drive...we survived through an unseasonably warm winter here in MN but didn't want to chance it again as the few times it snowed the driving was basically horror inducing. Since we recently also purchased a 2012 Subaru Impreza (good mpg, averaging 30+ now, fun to drive and infinitely practical) we decided to get something that would be a blast around town with great gas mileage. I've always leaned towards high mpg cars, owned a 1999 honda civic (1st car) and 2007 toyota yaris (among many others). These two will be sticking around for the long haul! Added my fuelly links to my signature as well, great place to keep track of mileage (I text my info while filling up, love it!)

Traded in this beauty:

For this one!

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
very nice addition and welcome. I have been through you fine city on numerous occassions and rate it as one of the cleanest cities in the USA. As far as rwd in the snow it"s the only way to go lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind replies! The Merc was nice but had to go, the RWD was the primary cause of that! We both love the Fiat so far, impressed with the MPGs so far and I'm sure it'll only get better. Never been in such an attention grabbing car before either, lots of heads have been turning!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome! I see more cinquecentos on the Parkway all the time but it's still a pretty rare car. Did you get it at Brookdale? Justin in service is awesome, he let me watch up close when I got my first oil change (I changed my own oil in prior cars and wanted to see how they handle the canister filter).

Anyway, good to see another Minneapolitan here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts