Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I traded in my beloved red Smart Passion (waited for two years) for a red Fiat 500 Sport. The dealership made us an offer we could not refuse! :D When I went for the test drive last Saturday, I told my husband if it didn't sit up high or take regular gas I was not interested. Not only did it meet my two requests, it offered so much more. I am very happy with my new car, and she has been christened with the name of Sophiat (So Fiat).

When I bid farewell on the Smart forum, I was told that there are many other former Smart owners on this forum! So, I send a special hello to all of you! ;)

Nancy R

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
NancyR, did you just mention your trade in on the SCOA? I think, I made a comment about enjoying you new 500. Anyway enjoy your new 500, and welcome to this forum.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Welcome fellow Texan, good to see some more Fiats in the DFW area. You should try to make it out to the car show in April

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the neighborhood (DFW). I assume you got it in McKinney, where I am headed Monday for my 6 month service. So far my car has been flawless. If you see a Pearl White around Fire Wheel it's probably me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes smark, you did reply to my farewell message on SCOA. In fact, your comment helped with the anxiety of trading in my smart car.

BPLounge: Yes, McKinney is the dealer of choice. I bought a red sport with sunroof. I live in Plano and head to the Firewheel area twice a week to visit my mother. You will probably see me dashing through before her ice cream melts!

Irishykl: I saw a mention of the car show on the regional site. I will have to see if my husband is working a baseball game that day.

Tweak: As soon as I can, I promise to post a photo or two.

GotFiat: I still have a full tank of gas, salesman explained that 91 is the preferred grade but that 87 was acceptable. I have a few weeks to decide what I will use.

Have a wonderful weekend. Husband is cutting the lawn before the next group of storms come through the area.

Nancy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome! You're going to LOVE your car. Glad to see another DFWer around here. I'm in Arlington but travel here and there so if you see a little Grigio Pop with vertical red and cream stripes down the sides, be sure to wave!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Saw a red 500 coming out of Sacshe into Garland last night on Hwy 78. The wife and I were headed my Mom's, was that you headed to your Mom's? We were in our Jeep so you wouldn't not have seen our 500.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did visit my mom last night, but I was not on Hwy 78. I was on Shiloh and George Bush. We took Sophiat up to Choctaw last Saturday. She was amazing on the highway. I find myself looking for excuses to drive somewhere!

Nancy

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
I did visit my mom last night, but I was not on Hwy 78. I was on Shiloh and George Bush. We took Sophiat up to Choctaw last Saturday. She was amazing on the highway. I find myself looking for excuses to drive somewhere!

Nancy
Nancy, you NOW, don't miss some other little car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome, Nancy! I'm from the DFW (Little Elm/Frisco) area. I've been to the Fiat of McKinney dealership several times over the past year to "test drive" the sport because it's so much fun to drive. I never pulled the trigger because I was waiting to see what the Abarth is about. I was there so much that they recognized me and would hand over the keys to a sport. =)

Well, I sent in my order to that dealership yesterday for my Abarth! I cannot wait to join the family. My family/friends think I'm a little nuts, but I can't help it, I love this car!

With this many people in the metroplex, has any group/meet-ups been created? I used to go to Jeep meet-ups and we'd drive courses that would be fun to use our 4x4. Perhaps we can come up with routes that would compliment the Fiat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Smark,

No, I do not miss my smart car at all. The blue tooth, the sport button, the Bose sound system, a spare tire, heated seats, running lights, sun roof, should I go on? I had to drive over a tall bridge on a windy day, and my car was not blown around.

Ciaobella,

I do not know of a club for Fiat 500s at this time. We were one of the founding members of the DFW smart club, but stopped going when the organizer left. In fact, they invited us to the next meeting and to bring my Fiat 500. We declined. I really do not want everyone sitting in my car, and I don't want to hear anyone putting it down. They can go to a dealership if they want to see one. I did a lot of free advertising for the smart car, and I just want to be stingy and enjoy my wonderful new car without sharing.

I would love to go to meet-ups, but I just do not want to get involved with an organized club with officers and drawings, etc. I have always wanted to participate in an actual road rally. Keep me posted.

Nancy

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Smark,

No, I do not miss my smart car at all. The blue tooth, the sport button, the Bose sound system, a spare tire, heated seats, running lights, sun roof, should I go on? I had to drive over a tall bridge on a windy day, and my car was not blown around.

Ciaobella,

I do not know of a club for Fiat 500s at this time. We were one of the founding members of the DFW smart club, but stopped going when the organizer left. In fact, they invited us to the next meeting and to bring my Fiat 500. We declined. I really do not want everyone sitting in my car, and I don't want to hear anyone putting it down. They can go to a dealership if they want to see one. I did a lot of free advertising for the smart car, and I just want to be stingy and enjoy my wonderful new car without sharing.

I would love to go to meet-ups, but I just do not want to get involved with an organized club with officers and drawings, etc. I have always wanted to participate in an actual road rally. Keep me posted.

Nancy

NancyR. I drove my little smart car, the first time in months, to work. My daughter was out of town, this last week. Don't really miss driving it. So noisy, and that transmission. I kept hitting the paddle shifters, to change the radio, by mistake. My 500, get better long highway MPG's then the smart. Found that out last weekend. 43-44 MPG's Its a lot more comfortable to drive too. Your right all those creature comforts, you got to love about the 500.

We really don't have any 500 clubs here in KC too. There is Fiat club, but know one seems to want to get together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Smark,

I just filled up for the first time and Sophiat got 35.9 mpg. We went up north to gamble last weekend, so the 120 mile trip added to it. I know that the mileage will get better as the engine gets broken in. (That took forever in the smart car since I have a 5 mile commute to work.) I am looking for excuses just to drive my car!:cool: Weather here is beautiful, so the sun roof is open and the Bose stereo is on! I love cruising in this car.

People at work are trying to figure out who owns the Fiat 500 in the parking lot. I was stopped coming back from lunch and had to go back and let friends sit in my new car. I was coming out of an office and was talking about the car, when another co-worker stopped and said...."You're the owner of the Fiat!" He absolutely loves the car.

My boss drives a Lexus, and he is smitten by my car. I took him out for a test drive, and now he's looking at the Arbath. He found a great review in one of the car magazines. He is telling me all about the features on my car, and how the Italians rock in both style and features. :D

My husband is jealous that he only got 3 months free Sirius radio, but I get a full year. :)

Nancy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts