Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a little early to be talking about this, but I'd like to take bets on how much bigger and more powerful and more refined and etc Fiat will make the next 500 because of focus groups that didn't buy the car in the first place. All I ask is make the glove box just a little bigger to fit the owners manual, or I guess they could make the manual smaller.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The better question to ask is if the US will be getting a different next-gen car then EU... If not, I can't imagine the 500 growing all too much. Yeah, the US may be slow to pick-up the small car but the rest of the world has embraced them for a long time and I think they know how "big" of a mistake it'd be to grow significantly.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
According to an article in the Feb issue of Auto Express they have a good bit of detail on the new Fiat 500L MPV. Beyond that there is some info floating... http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02/official-fiat-unveils-larger-and-more.html Compared to the current 500... "While the name and the styling (to some extent) refer to the 500 mini, the five-door 500L is based on the platform of the B-segment Punto measuring 4,140mm long, 1,780mm wide and 1,660mm tall. It is 594mm longer, 153mm wider and 175mm taller than the three-door 500."

·
Registered
196 Posts
Most European companies are on a 7-year model refresh cycle and the Fiat debuted in late 2007 as a 2008 (iirc) so we've got a few years yet. It's based on the Panda and that just got an update, so there will be some hints in the changes made for that.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
....... All I ask is make the glove box just a little bigger to fit the owners manual, or I guess they could make the manual smaller.
my owners manual fits just fine, along with the other things I keep there. maybe you're doing it wrong?

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
My owners manual in mine with my iPod, and my Tomtom navigation, flash light, etc. and any other paper work for the car. The rest of the car is fantasic too! The real owners manual is on CD, and some of the owners manual info is on my iPhone app. Really couldn't get any smaller then that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, yours fits? I got a red syntho leather trifold pouch which is too long length wise to fit without tilting. Maybe different dealers have their own manuals. I guess my point is that I hope they don't make it bigger. The car is great as it is. However, while we are on the subject, I would put the aux input down by the cig lighter so the glove box doesn't need to be open.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Wow, yours fits? I got a red syntho leather trifold pouch (I keep it in the passenger seat pouch) which is too long length wise to fit without tilting. Maybe different dealers have their own manuals. I guess my point is that I hope they don't make it bigger. The car is great as it is. However, while we are on the subject, I would put the aux input down by the cig lighter so the glove box doesn't need to be open.
I got the same red cover pouch thingie, as for the glove box being open, it doesn't need to be, the wire routes down near the hinge area and closes fine, they have a gap there, it was mentioned by another here somewhere but I have used it this way and can say first hand it does slip down in that area and close without any pinching at all. :)

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
I like the USB, in the glove box. I keep my 8g iPod mini in the little net on the side, out of eyes way. I don't really use the aux plug. My other 2 cars have that feature. The Honda Fits, in the center console, and the smart cars is in the glove box, like the 500.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I'll look for it. I do use the usb, but sometimes friends have music on their device and it's just easier to use the jack.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My owner's manual doesn't fit, either. How does that work? Yes it fits in the volume provided, but the space is too narrow for it to lie flat so it has to go in at an angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts