Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up at Pep Boys for 12 bucks. Looks good, especially at night with the led lights on it. I need to get different screws so I can put the chrome caps on.

Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see what the excitement is. It's just a license plate cover.
Probably why I prefaced it with a nice cheap chrome upgrade...don't recall where I interjected excitement.

Looks nicer than a dealer ad tray, particularly with all my other chrome.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
mine came with an 'upgrade', as the license plate frame from the dealer is chrome and looks pretty good. (see avatar) :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just swapped my hideous dealer frame for a black and stainless frame from a local tuning shop (looking at custom wheel options) which I think looks pretty nice. I think with the hatch handle/plate light in chrome there was enough on the back for me so black was my choice.

I also did once upon a time get a ticket for having a clear plastic cover over my plate, that cop was really fun that day.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Off subject, I know, but I think it's pretty funny that the KY plates say "birthplace of Lincoln", while the IL plates say "land of Lincoln". Let the fighting begin, like goes on between Ohio ("birthplace of aviation") and North Carolina ("first in flight") !!! I'm in Cincinnati, very close to KY, and had not seen that plate before!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like it!

Off subject, I know, but I think it's pretty funny that the KY plates say "birthplace of Lincoln", while the IL plates say "land of Lincoln". Let the fighting begin, like goes on between Ohio ("birthplace of aviation") and North Carolina ("first in flight") !!! I'm in Cincinnati, very close to KY, and had not seen that plate before!
Off topic, well, they are all right!

Lincoln was born in Kentucky. He was a lawyer in Illinois.

The Wright Brothers were born in Dayton, Ohio. They first flew their airplane in North Carolina. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like it!

Off topic, well, they are all right!

Lincoln was born in Kentucky. He was a lawyer in Illinois.

The Wright Brothers were born in Dayton, Ohio. They first flew their airplane in North Carolina. :)

Yet another tidbit, Abe Lincoln and Jeff Davis were both from Kentucky, who was neutral during the Civil War,
despite being occupied by both Federal and Confederate armies and furnishing troops and notable generals
for both armies.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I need to replace my hideous dealer plate frame, can anyone recommend one that fits? The light housing/door handle on the fiat got in the way of a generic one that I bought. It wouldn't fit. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need to replace my hideous dealer plate frame, can anyone recommend one that fits? The light housing/door handle on the fiat got in the way of a generic one that I bought. It wouldn't fit. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks.
Pep Boys has a big selection, most of them show the whole plate, just like mine, with and without the plastic enclosure.

$6 and up

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got a chrome cover with hidden screws and a seal to keep moisture and dirt from getting to the tag, WeatherTech brand again, they make nice products. Did not feel it merited another new thread so tagging along here Deron, hope you don't mind.
Only if ya got pichers. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts