Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 500 and want to replace the main beam bulbs. Looking at the manual and pretty much all existing guides online, all of them point out that there is a flap under the wheel arches.

However, on my model, there's noting, but a smooth wheel arch liner:

Does anyone know how to get access to the bulbs on this model?

Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
I only know a 13 Abarth, but imagine they are the same. I believe headlamps are reached from above. The wheel well liner door is to the drl as I recall.
For it: There will be a small tab at the (circled) inner edge of the outlined door area. Move that tab toward the door a little and pull the panel toward the tire, and it should remove. It is set in flush. I do see the lines that might indicate a door, but maybe they changed it. If no door, the liner is easy to loosen so you could do that and reach in behind. I don’t know that it is necessary. See if you can find that tab/catch.

I am running out to look at the headlamp location.
healamp bulbs are accessed from under the hood. In front of the underhood fuse block and the radiator overflow/fill reservoir.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only know a 13 Abarth, but imagine they are the same. I believe headlamps are reached from above. The wheel well liner door is to the drl as I recall.
For it: There will be a small tab at the (circled) inner edge of the outlined door area. Move that tab toward the door a little and pull the panel toward the tire, and it should remove. It is set in flush. I do see the lines that might indicate a door, but maybe they changed it. If no door, the liner is easy to loosen so you could do that and reach in behind. I don’t know that it is necessary. See if you can find that tab/catch.

I am running out to look at the headlamp location.
healamp bulbs are accessed from under the hood. In front of the underhood fuse block and the radiator overflow/fill reservoir.
Replacing the headlamps access. Is under the hood.
The Main (High) beam is in the second light cluster and there is absolutely no way to get to that through the engine bay. The issue I have is that the archwheel liner has not seam, so my question is - do I have to cut through or remove the liner to get to the headlight?

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
The main headlamps, is what you call a call dipped beam. Our day light running lamps, and turn signal, are in the lower section.We have a door, in the wheel well to get to those lower lamps. I wouldn’t cut out anything. That would expose the lamp socket there to water. Just undo, and pull back the front of well wheel to get to those lamps. I wonder why you car doesn’t have a door?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The main headlamps, is what you call a call dipped beam. Our driving lamps, and turn signal, are in the lower section.
We have a door, in the wheel well to get to those lower lamps. I wouldn’t cut out anything. That would expose the lamp socket there to water. Just undo, and pull back the front of well wheel to get to those lamps.
Right...there is no door in my wheel well...as you can see in my first post.

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
You might have to run it by the dealership. My only suggest, is to undo the inner wheel well, pull it back. To get to the lamp there. Don’t cut a hole. You don’t want water inside there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts