Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to confirm, it doesn't feel like, or sound like, the 500 has a CDV. That's pretty cool! :cool:

Is the Abarth the same with its transmission? I wonder how many new cars don't have this annoying feature. Seems like every make out there does. It's gone from a luxury feature a decade ago, to part of the whole "people can't drive a manual" mentality that manufacturers have these days. Thanks, Fiat for trusting us.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
my guess is its a way to prevent you from just dropping the clutch - it regulates how the clutch engages...IM TOTALLY GUESSING HERE BY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE :p

Reactions: SailDesign

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
**** im good....;3

·
Registered
544 Posts
Have never owned a car with one of those. Thank God!

Ugh!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't know such a thing even existed. What a horrible idea. If I had one, I'd certainly remove it.
I'm all for modern things like hill-hold and with modern manual transmissions having 6 and 7 speeds, an indicator showing what gear you're in is fine, but I have my limits.
Rev matching for those too stupid to heal and toe? That's almost standard these days and totally unnecessary.
No-lift-shifting? A dumb idea.
What's next? A shift delay system designed to make the synchronizers last longer?
If you can't drive, stay away from cars.
But if you must drive and can't shift, get an automatic. They're available in nearly every car in the world. By the way, the PDK dual clutch auto tranny in my 2021 Porsche is fantastic. I'm not against automatic transmissions. But a manual should be at least mostly manual. Clutch delay is just plain stupid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts