Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one notice this? On the models with sunroofs. There is no head room, for taller people, on the passenger side. The seat sit to high. The driver seat, you can crank down the seat. Out of luck if your a tall passenger. Even worst the subwoofer is under the passenger side. You wouldn't be able to lower the seat down, even if you could! Poor design.:eek:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes. My friend wasn't real happy, but it only takes a little list to the center to get your head into the opening, or recline a bit.

I'd like both seats to be lower, actually. I usually drive in a more upright position, and would love to give the people in back a little more elbow room, but I've got to lean back a bit not to bump my head when checking for traffic, and I do have it cranked all the way down, and I'm not a tall man. The driver side could probably be modded down a little more, but you're right, the Bose sub would need to be moved to make the passenger seat lower. :(

But, I like the sunroof too much, and didn't like the C version at all... in any way.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
yea, there was quite a discussion on this a while back. I'm 6'2" also and have no problem. also racecar driver Graham Rahal bought a white PE with a power sunroof and he has no complaints.....and I think he's like 6'5".

for taller drivers, they need to make sure the seat height adjustment is at its lowest possible position.

I believe that much of the issue depends on the position the driver is used to when driving.....whether they're reclining more or sitting more upright. something as simple as a change in their driving position should correct any issues. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm 6'5" and hit my head on the roof of the Lounge. Our Sport is just fine though with the standard tin-top.

I'd also like to "try on" an Abarth rag-top...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am fine with the Sport and sunroof (which the Mrs loves) but would still like to be a bit lower as I prefer to be more upright and enjoy a lower seating position, even in my GTI I had the seat as low as it could go.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bet the best solution would be to get a "drivers" seat from a Right Hand Drive car from Europe or England. That should have the height adjustment on it, and you should be able to relocate the subwoofer someplace better just by running the wires to the new location.

BC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts