Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

We've been experiencing a very mild autumn here in North Carolina, but have had a few cold days in the mix...During the past few cold ones the heat in the 500 has refused to function and was wondering if anybody has experienced similar issues?

We'll visit the dealer in the next couple days, but just wanted to find out if anybody else has had the same complaint.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
That is odd. Mine is roasty toasty on cold nights.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is odd.
I agree...and before anybody asks it's got Automatic climate control, and this is well after the car's cooling system has reached operating temperature.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Being in NC I am NOT happy it has been so cold so soon but for what it is worth I have auto climate and it takes a little to heat up but once it does I'm happy with things, the heated seats are almost instant so they help make it bearable until the car is warm. I noticed the car retains heat rather well, stopped one night for a bite and when I went back out the car was only one bar cooled, weird how we have bars for temp and gas but one bar from max operating temp so car was warmed very fast.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Between the heated seat, and climate control. Our little car gets hot as h-ll. I pay your service department a call. Good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes sounds like something is wrong for sure, mine sat out on Friday in nearly 9 hours of -15C and within a couple minutes the heat was pretty warm. Perhaps a sensor issue with the climate control system.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wish that my wife 500 have a great heat for the winter in Quebec (-40)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Now that the temperature in the Carolinas has plummeted into the 50's, it might be time to break out that jeans jacket in preparation for a brutal winter...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Naturally, the 70 degree day that it goes to the dealer the heat functions without issue!

Now that the temperature in the Carolinas has plummeted into the 50's, it might be time to break out that jeans jacket in preparation for a brutal winter...

:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey Turbo, did you have the car plugged in?

I'm now in Vancouver and not missing the cold...!

No the car was not plugged in and started no problem at all, luckily it has warmed up a bit since last weekend so this week is better hovering around freezing today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts