Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am the proud owner of a new 2019 US 500 Abarth (one of the last ones left in the country I think) and would like to know if the jack and wrench are still supposed to come with the car? I found the tire service kit (under the front driver seat) but no jack/wrench.

There is no mention of how to jack up the car in the User Manual (simply says get it towed to a service station) - which makes me think it no longer comes with the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Nope. As far as I know you get a tire inflation kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've owned my 2013 model year since May 2014...just last year I found that there was a jack and lug wrench under the drivers seat, just in front of the air compressor/flat goop device. Never knew it was there, but then again I never needed it.

2nd pic is the part # on the accessory bag.

IMG_20200729_170347058.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much, Fabio13 and Cadaver!

Maybe the jack/wrench used to come with the car but they stopped when they started the 4 year Roadside Assistance program? I saw a post from 2011 on another website saying that the jack/wrench only came with the car if you got the "spare tire option"...so maybe with the Abarth no spare tire means no jack?

Part number 68073631AB (thanks for the pic!) used to cost ~$57.70 from the dealer back in 2011 apparently, but nobody has it anymore it looks like.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The jack and wrench was package option for the spare tire kit. Abarth does not have that option, so it is a tire service kit (pump with built in goop). One warning on that though, the pump kit, that things is a real hit and miss. I've seen three of them fail when needed it. Two of them were the pumps themselves gave up the ghost for no reason (the first time use), another one the goop hardened inside the canister, again, the first time use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, J.B.. Everything points to the Abarth not supposed to get the jack and wrench.

Re the pump with the goop, I am not impressed with the prospect of dumping the goop into the tire (even if the thing works!) so I took it out and put a DeWalt tire inflator in the trunk so at least, if a slow leak happens, I should be able to get some air into the tire and limp home.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The pump you have should pump air without goop if you want.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Jack and lug wrench only came with 500’s with a spare tire. On a Abarth, There is no room for a spare tire, cause of the exhaust. My 500 sport has a jack, lug wrench, and spare tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am the proud owner of a new 2019 US 500 Abarth (one of the last ones left in the country I think) and would like to know if the jack and wrench are still supposed to come with the car? I found the tire service kit (under the front driver seat) but no jack/wrench.

There is no mention of how to jack up the car in the User Manual (simply says get it towed to a service station) - which makes me think it no longer comes with the car. Thanks!
My 2013 Abarth came with the compressor and the jack/wrench, no spare of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm...the plot thickens...

I found some old original Window Stickers from 500 Abarths that are currently listed online for sale as follows:

2013 Model Year - Tire Service Kit only listed - no mention of Jack and Wrench
2015 Model Year - Tire Service Kit only listed - no mention of Jack and Wrench
2017 Model Year - Tire Service Kit only listed - no mention of Jack and Wrench
2018 Model Year - Tire Service Kit AND Jack and Wrench listed
2019 Model Year - Tire Service Kit AND Jack and Wrench listed

Maybe ML8's Abarth came from a dealer who threw in the Jack and Wrench as part of the deal? I dunno...

Anybody out there who bought the 2018 or the 2019 Abarth and did get the Jack and Wrench?

·
Registered
921 Posts
2013 Abarth bought new. All options but the Tom-Tom. Do have the wrench and Jack under-seat, just forward of the compressor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. And if I might ask, for your 2013 Abarth bought new, are there two separate tie-down straps under the driver seat - one to hold the jack/wrench in place and a second one to hold the compressor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a jack and wrench with my 2013 that I got a couple weeks ago, but it was sitting in the trunk. Looking under the seat there's a strap/buckle, but no way to secure the jack and wrench.

Looks like I'm missing the tire inflating kit though

·
Registered
921 Posts
I will try to remember and look at it tomorrow to see. Can’t recall from memory, nor how it was listed. I can check the window sticker too. I did have the 17” P Zero option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts