Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the few shortcomings with the car is the all-or-nothing running light switch. While I appreciate simplicity, this is a step backwards. Has anyone investigated revising the circuitry to enable "normal" options? I wonder if the European cars have a parking-light-only function.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hmm, my car uses the parking lights as DRL. Is this what you're asking? By the way, I live in Canada.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
The parking lights can be set to always on or off in the computer, i leave mine on cause it looks like i always have the parking lights on. In most american cars the DRL is in the headlight with a low powered high beam. I like having it in the running light. SO there is no reason to have a parking light switch and a headlight switch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The parking lights can be set to always on or off in the computer, i leave mine on cause it looks like i always have the parking lights on.
So, if set to ON in the computer, they will be lighted whenever the ignition is ON?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, my car uses the parking lights as DRL. Is this what you're asking? By the way, I live in Canada.
No, I would like to turn off the headlights without the car going dark, like at drive-thrus and intersections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have 2, a POP and a ragtop. I noticed the lights seemed to be different one from the other, so I looked into this. BTW I may appear new but I've followed the list for a year as I waited and waited before buying. My 500C is replacing my Harley and I did not want to be disappointed, so I've read every post on this site and a few others. I usually keep vehicles until they drop.

Here's what the manual says about the parking lights. page 95:
Parking Lights
To turn on the parking lights, remove the key or turn the ignition to OFF/LOCK position and turn on the headlights

And that's about the way I discovered this because I was playing with the EVIC in the POP while the car was not running, just with the key being turned on and off and going through the menus to explore.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Here's what the manual says about the parking lights. page 95:
Parking Lights
To turn on the parking lights, remove the key or turn the ignition to OFF/LOCK position and turn on the headlights

And that's about the way I discovered this because I was playing with the EVIC in the POP while the car was not running, just with the key being turned on and off and going through the menus to explore.
I thought I saw this. I did some weird shut off sequence the other night that I did by accident and noticed the light functionality had changed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts