Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my fiat 500 home - It's from 2012 POP. I have been looking up how to play my music (I have an iPhone 5s) and I have no AUX or USB so I am kind of stumped! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kate

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Radio works pretty well! There's a compact disc player, too.

There's USB port and AUX in the glove box.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
This is why the 500 does not do well in the J.D. Powers Initial Quality Survey: "Can not find USB port to connect MP3 player as auxiliary sound device".

The 500 is a very cheap car. Not all of its customers graduated Magna Cum Laude.

Tedolph

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
100% not there. :(
My god, that's totally new. I'm sorry that I poke fun at it. I thought every single one of them came with the USB and eco drive thingy. I don't know what to tell you. Do you have any document (i.e., window sticker or that sort of things) that is particular to your car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my abarth used. When I checked in the glove box, my port was missing! I had a studio order me one, it was like 18$. It is a very simple install that you can do yourself. Are there loose wires in the glove? If there are, yours is probably missing too. Can't imagine why someone would take that peice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just bought my fiat 500 home - It's from 2012 POP. I have been looking up how to play my music (I have an iPhone 5s) and I have no AUX or USB so I am kind of stumped! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kate
I have just bought an adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter which you can connect to your phone via Bluetooth, it’s really useful and also has a USB port for charging :) I got it online for £4 hope this helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2013, so it has the port(s). I recently heard about these bluetooth receivers that connect to the 3.5mm jack below the USB port. You can play the music directly from your phone to your stereo. Works pretty well (aside from limited ways to see or change the music.) Like someone noted, these are cheap cars with a few upgrades that make them pretty cool. So, I'm diggin the new bluetooth music from my phone to the car!

(sorry Kate, I know this doesn't help with your problem!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just bought an adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter which you can connect to your phone via Bluetooth, it’s really useful and also has a USB port for charging :) I got it online for £4 hope this helps
Hi is there any way you could post the link of what you have purchased? I am desperate to get Bluetooth in my fiat 500?

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the radio don't have USB/AUX - I bet it doesn't have BT either.
Here in northern Europe, U had to go for the Lounge model to geet USB/AUX + BT - then U also got the steering wheel controls for the radio.
For Pop and other cheaper models, BT, USB + AUX was optional.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cannot recommend FM transmitters to plug in the cigar lighter socket - and not sure a BT version would work much better.
But I know that Parrot makes (or at least has made) a dashboard unit that plugs into thee rear of the radio - and that gizmo gives U BT access - including hands free calling, access to cell phone's phone book - and playing music from you cell phone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts