Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I left off the wheel covers for my winter steel wheels and I like the way they look. It's more the color than anything else, I thought I was done with any sort of black (or really dark) colored wheel but the black steel in the hour of chaos wheels look great on the Grigio.

Happy New Year, all, may 2013 bring everyone bliss. :cool:

·
Registered
13,518 Posts
Wish Fiat offered little retro moon caps.

I still not use to cars, without wheel covers. When I worked at the dealership many moons ago. That how they came off the transport truck from the manufacture. First thing we did in the new car ready, was pop on the wheel covers, beauty rings, and center caps.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
this is the look im going for now that my baby moon idea went up in smoke. but im repainting and glossing them before hand. it does look really aggressive in my eyes!

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Not only yours, Oliver500. The Sport does look, somehow, tougher with this set up.

@smark ~ thanks for the torture of posting that photo. C'mon, FIAT! Grow the Custom Shop idea a little faster. I want those wheels.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I like!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I'm still getting a kick out of walking out to my "aggressive" black-wheel'd car. I think one of the reasons why they look so good in the pics is because I had just washed the car, and the paint on the steel wheels looks pretty shiny so it "works."

For reference, here's what it looked like last year with the ho-hum covers on.

I honestly didn't really mind the look then either, but I definitely prefer the no-cover look without question.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
oh yeah, the black steel wheels look really good.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
now you just need to dress up the lug bolts with black paint and put on a center cover...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
yep a lot can be done with just the steelies...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Zonker, I just saw your Craigslist ad for the Fiat alloys. $225 seems so cheap! Can you buy some 16" black Sparco Assetto Gara wheels from Tirerack, decide you don't like them, then sell them to me super cheap??

;)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hey Zonker, I just saw your Craigslist ad for the Fiat alloys. $225 seems so cheap! Can you buy some 16" black Sparco Assetto Gara wheels from Tirerack, decide you don't like them, then sell them to me super cheap??

;)
Ummm... let me think on that LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts