Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear from people who are starting to rack up the miles.

We just heard that the car does well in crash tests. That's one down. Now how about the reliability? THAT's the one most wonder about.

Post up at least

1) Purchase Date

2) Mileage

3) How the car is running

Add anything else you'd like.

Mine:

3/28/11. Red Prima

16,000 miles (Yep, over a year's worth of mileage)

Car runs perfectly and never had any problems (only slow clock issue)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
what's with slow clock? Never noticed.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's with slow clock? Never noticed.
Some owners (not sure how many) report that the clock loses about a minute or so every two weeks.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Some owners (not sure how many) report that the clock loses about a minute or so every two weeks.
Gotcha, thanks.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
March 28, 2011
10000km

-Instrument cluster rattle
-Rear hatch rattle (fixed myself)
-Driver's door rattle
-Driver's side B pillar creak/flexing noises
-Real tail light squeaks when opening/closing hatch. I had the dealership adjust it, which ended up causing a massive amount of condensation inside. Dealer replaced the tail light under warranty. Thing still squeaks.
-Had the driver's side headlight replaced under warranty for a broken tab. Turns out almost all 500's have this so it's not really an issue.
-Slow clock
-Sunroof would close then immediately pop up again. I reset the sunroof by holding the button down for ten seconds. Haven't had an issue with it since.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
March 28, 2011
10000km

-Instrument cluster rattle
-Rear hatch rattle (fixed myself)
-Driver's door rattle
-Driver's side B pillar creak/flexing noises
-Real tail light squeaks when opening/closing hatch. I had the dealership adjust it, which ended up causing a massive amount of condensation inside. Dealer replaced the tail light under warranty. Thing still squeaks.
-Had the driver's side headlight replaced under warranty for a broken tab. Turns out almost all 500's have this so it's not really an issue.
-Slow clock
-Sunroof would close then immediately pop up again. I reset the sunroof by holding the button down for ten seconds. Haven't had an issue with it since.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Ugh, sorry to hear that! Early build car, it seems (you got yours the same day I got mine).

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Driver's/passenger side B pillar creak/flexing noises. Fix that with a good can of silicon spray. Dry weather stripping. Been almost a month now NO creaking noise. 60% of the cars have this issues.

Runs fantastic nice and quiet. Lots of fun to drive. I have a watch, and iphone. who cares about the clock. Does need a larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Azzurro Sport 5 speed
purchased june 2011 (built in may 2011)
3000 miles
running great..36 mpg city
passenger seat easy entry handle not working (will be fixed in dec. by dealer)
EVIC was replaced this month (lcd screen stopped working).
very fun car to drive . no regrets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driver's/passenger side B pillar creak/flexing noises. Fix that with a good can of silicon spray. Dry weather stripping. Been almost a month now NO creaking noise. 60% of the cars have this issues.

Runs fantastic nice and quiet. Lots of fun to drive. I have a watch, and iphone. who cares about the clock. Does need a larger fuel tank.
Can you explain more about this issue? I think I have the same issue and am curious what you mean when you said you used silicon spray. What spray did you use and where? Like, what did you do?

I also have been having the slow clock issue and the first month I had an annoying rattle from the rear of the car that was driving me nuts. Id hear it over bumps and even on windy days with the car sitting still. It ended up being the antenna on top of the car not being screwed in fully.

Otherwise, Bought it in May, 5200 miles and everything else is grand!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered mid-March, delivered April 30th, just under 14K miles, no significant issues. My car is very solid.
Sounds like you are putting on the miles same as me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Only 1200 miles, dealer fixed passenger and driver seat mechanisms. Seats would not slide forward for rear access. No other issues yet. Wish my Sport had Sirius. Purchased lifetime warranty because we so much enjoy the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.