Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Was interested to see how many folks we have on this board that live in and around North Carolina. As proposed in another thread, it'd be nice to eventually get some folks together for an outing to chat/rant/showoff these silly little cars.

My mother loves her Bianco, 5spd Sport and I know she'd love to come out and have some fun.

Cheers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in NC, Cary is the only dealer offering Fiat sales and I do not live near the dealership, near Fort Bragg here, just so you know.
Nice to know! I did notice the other day that there's now a Fiat dealership in Winston-Salem, NC as well, now.

Nice looking Azzuro, btw!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Nice to know! I did notice the other day that there's now a Fiat dealership in Winston-Salem, NC as well, now.

Nice looking Azzuro, btw!

Thanks, and good to know they got another open, I wish I could have gotten from WS as I travel there a few times per year but never to Cary which is where I went for my 500.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am in Durham - the Fiat 500 is a rare sighting here at the moment. Would be good to see more on the road. The place in Cary is the main dealership here - got my 500 from them.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Am in Durham - the Fiat 500 is a rare sighting here at the moment. Would be good to see more on the road. The place in Cary is the main dealership here - got my 500 from them.
Welcome to the forum! I also got mine from Cary, I heard they have a dealer in Winston now but I don't know if it is true, if it is open or what the deal is there, still only a few in this area which is kinda cool being the odd man out of sorts. I like that I don't see one everywhere I look, I sorta hope I never do but that is a bit of a two edged sword I suppose.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, here I am waaaaay over in WNC near Asheville. Closest dealer is in SC just south of Charlotte. That's where I have my deposit on my forthcoming Abarth (I've had a deposit down since March).

Here in the mountains, the only 500 I've seen was one on 26 just passing through. The roads here are perfect for the Abarth though. Can't wait....well actually I can & will, but I don't do delayed gratification well... especially a year's worth.

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, here I am waaaaay over in WNC near Asheville. Closest dealer is in SC just south of Charlotte. That's where I have my deposit on my forthcoming Abarth (I've had a deposit down since March).

Here in the mountains, the only 500 I've seen was one on 26 just passing through. The roads here are perfect for the Abarth though. Can't wait....well actually I can & will, but I don't do delayed gratification well... especially a year's worth.

Cheers
Very nice! You'll have to check out the Asheville Cars & Coffee once you finally get your Abarth!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my 500C in Cary back in early October. I've seen a couple around Fayetteville but I have yet to see another 500C on the road at all. My 10 yr old son is tired of everyone staring at the car, lol

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
I got my 500C in Cary back in early October. I've seen a couple around Fayetteville but I have yet to see another 500C on the road at all. My 10 yr old son is tired of everyone staring at the car, lol
You're in Fay..sweet, Spring Lake so we are neighbors! Maybe we can meet up sometime if ya like, if you tend to frequent any place in particular. There are to my knowledge...

Blue X 2
Light brown X1
White X 2
Grey X1
Green X1 I am told, not one I have seen, the others I have seen myself.

You have a white one, I know one owner of a white one, local business owner, saw the other at a hotel beside Pep Boys earlier this year. Could be more but as of yet this is what I KNOW (less the green one). Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know a number that I can actually talk to someonbe about a warranty issue? I keep leaving messages but Rick doesn't call me back. One line in my rear defrost doesn't work and I'll be there tomorrow for an oil change. Also they still need to tint my windows

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Does anyone know a number that I can actually talk to someonbe about a warranty issue? I keep leaving messages but Rick doesn't call me back. One line in my rear defrost doesn't work and I'll be there tomorrow for an oil change. Also they still need to tint my windows
You may need to call Fiat HQ as I did, this seems to motivate the dealer to act right, even if only temporarily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Lewisville, NC (near Winston-Salem) and yes we do have a dealership. Too bad it is going to be moving to Greensboro sometime this summer.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
I live in Lewisville, NC (near Winston-Salem) and yes we do have a dealership. Too bad it is going to be moving to Greensboro sometime this summer.
Good to know there are a few others around, Greensboro gets the best dealerships...like the Italia Exotica or whatever it is called that sells the really sweet supercars for example. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Glad you like your dealer(s). Over here near Asheville, we have zippo dealers. Even the one for Charlotte (130 miles away) is actually in SC. There is supposed to be one opening up in Greenville, SC sometime. At least that is only 60 miles away <sigh>.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Glad you like your dealer(s). Over here near Asheville, we have zippo dealers. Even the one for Charlotte (130 miles away) is actually in SC. There is supposed to be one opening up in Greenville, SC sometime. At least that is only 60 miles away . Cheers
Well remember I am down by Ft. Bragg (literally right beside it) or Fayetteville so Cary is my studio (sadly) which isn't "just around the corner" either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How was everyone's shopping experience at the Cary studio? Wifey wants a 5sp Sport. How much should I expect to pay? MSRP is going to be about $18,500 with the safety package (alarm, spare tire, auto climate control). I'd also be willing to buy from Richmond, VA studio if experiences at Cary aren't great.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
How was everyone's shopping experience at the Cary studio? Wifey wants a 5sp Sport. How much should I expect to pay? MSRP is going to be about $18,500 with the safety package (alarm, spare tire, auto climate control). I'd also be willing to buy from Richmond, VA studio if experiences at Cary aren't great.
As stated multiple times it isn't great (to me) mainly due to one person but several there were less than impressive to say the least. I paid 22K for my Sport loaded but now with all the rebates and incentives and the lack of the free service via Fiat Forward Care I imagine you'll be around the 18K mark, avoid a guy named Kurt Sweet, hopefully they don't have him handling anything in the back you don't see you'll probably be fine then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As stated multiple times it isn't great (to me) mainly due to one person but several there were less than impressive to say the least. I paid 22K for my Sport loaded but now with all the rebates and incentives and the lack of the free service via Fiat Forward Care I imagine you'll be around the 18K mark, avoid a guy named Kurt Sweet, hopefully they don't have him handling anything in the back you don't see you'll probably be fine then.
I stopped by to check see the cars in person. 1st thing that I noticed that every car has $795.00 added for tint, cargo mat, door seal protector, and nitrogen. I'm only 2hrs from Richmond, VA so I may just shop there. Neither "studio" has the car that I've decided on so now it's just a waiting game.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts