Fiat 500 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Just bought my Abarth from Hendrick in Fayetteville Monday, took delivery today after the one I "purchased" was totaled. Loving it so far. And I'm the only Abarth in Sampson County... there is a Rossa "regular" 500 around here somewhere
I am there at the dealer in Fay all the time just killing time...gotta make a point of catching up sometime. Also you should come to Cars & Coffee, there was one today but it rained so I skipped it but there is another 3rd Sat of the month in Raleigh which I also go to...in case you'd like to come out to that one sometime.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was hoping to make it out there today but was at the dealer till 4... May try to make it up to Raleigh next weekend... just depends on my finances

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Was hoping to make it out there today but was at the dealer till 4... May try to make it up to Raleigh next weekend... just depends on my finances
Text me and let me know and we can roll up together and visit the studio then grab lunch after as is the normal routine.

Rain came down this morning so I skipped C&C locally, done some rainy C&C days before and don't much care for it.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
New to my 500 Pop, Live in Asheville, NC area (Fairview).
Congrats on the Pop and welcome to the forum.

Sweet location to live, pass through twice a year on the way to TN to meet with other Fiat owners at Fiat on the Dragon. Love the concrete walls and tunnels. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Hello All,

I live Harrisburg NC, near CMS.
Welcome to the forum!

Around 2 hrs from me, maybe you can make it out to Fiat on the Dragon sometime and we roll up together.

https://www.facebook.com/FiatOnTheDragon

Also on YouTube, Google it and you'll see a lot of pics and links and such. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wanted to give you an update on the Cary Fiat Dealer. In about a month or so I will be going back up there to pick up my 2015 Fiat 500 Riebelle. The person I most recommend working with is Solange Clifton. She is a wonderful person and she knows her stuff about the Fiat. She makes you feel like you are welcome. She is extremely knowledgeable and she is the one I am going to work with when I go back. Had to get a few things paid off before I could get my car. Definietely excited about my new purchase soon.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Just wanted to give you an update on the Cary Fiat Dealer. In about a month or so I will be going back up there to pick up my 2015 Fiat 500 Riebelle. The person I most recommend working with is Solange Clifton. She is a wonderful person and she knows her stuff about the Fiat. She makes you feel like you are welcome. She is extremely knowledgeable and she is the one I am going to work with when I go back. Had to get a few things paid off before I could get my car. Definietely excited about my new purchase soon.
Hope it all goes well. I think I may have met Solange during a visit when I was in town as I used to stop by there about once per month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I actually went up there yesterday to pick up my Fiat, she had us in and out of there in about 1-2 hours. Everything went smooth and I am now a happy new owner of a Fiat 500 Ribelle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Charlotte checking in. On my way to drop my daughter off at school today, I found myself inbetween two other 500's, a Sport and a Abarth. With my Pop in the middle, we were a rolling variety pack!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone still reading this thread? I'm joining because I really want a 500e and there are several available at a used-car dealer in Raleigh. I searched this thread for 'electric' and '500e' but found no hits.

Obviously the issue is that the 500e was sold & serviced in Calif & Oregon only. So when people here buy them, where and how do they get them serviced? I read one guy was told to ship his 500e to Calif and back for servicing. Not exactly practical.

Yes I could buy a gasoline-powered car but I have enough of those--I want an electric for the many short trips I make each week. But my local dealer says they will not work on the 500e, no way no how. Is it even reasonable to pursue this? I don't like any of the other electrics on the market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Marsden - Westgate Imports (across from Westgate Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep on hwy 70 near the airport) has been bringing in a lot of 500es. There's a row of 10-15 there. I finally decided to dive in and bought mine there this past Saturday. (Ask for Sam!) I don't know how many total they've sold but it's close to 10 and it looks like they're going to keep selling them, so there's going to be a need for 500e service.

I called Hendrick in Cary and they said they don't service them there. Then I called Chrysler to check on the recalls on my VIN prior to buying it, and asked them about service. They said that they *can* handle 500e service at Hendrick. I would make an appointment, and Hendrick would have an EV tech there to handle it. It sounds like they may have a regional tech shared in some sort of geographic area, so I'd have to make an appointment a few days out to ensure this works.

So, I'd call the Chrysler cares hotline and ask, just so you can hear it for yourself, and then decide.

Also, I checked with a place called AutoMan on Glenwood that has an EV tech. They said to bring the car by and they'd look at it, but they could probably service it. Look for your local indy hybrid shops; you may find someone who has an EV tech on board.

I'm going to have the regular mechanical car bits serviced by my indy mechanic.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, to add to the above--I'm back in the Fiat club again!

After owning a 500 Sport a few years ago, I started looking at the 500e as they came off lease from CA and OR. One test drive and I was hooked! I love the torque, quiet, balance, and the overall smoothness of the 500e. It's a totally different car compared to my Sport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wilmington checking in just got a 2012 abarth black and red with the striping. 30K and came with the madness go pedal, intake and ecu. I've moved from Colorado about 3+ years ago and have never owed anything than a lifted 4x4. Decided to change everything in my life and get this little guy. As much as I hate work I like driving there everyday lol.

First 30 seconds on here but I'll get an avatar and some pictures and dive right in. Hope to meet you all

141 - 160 of 163 Posts