Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my VON and VIN for my Grigio Abarth with red mirrors and graphics. The order was placed on April 13th (second allocation). Now the long wait begins. I will try and keep this thread updated while my car is being built.

So are there any others from North Texas waiting on their Abarth. If so ... we need to set up a support group while we wait for our cars to arrive:D. Also what color combinations are you getting?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I, too, am in the second allocation, have my VIN/VON, deposit with Fiat of McKinney, and ordered Grigio. However, I got the black mirror and graphics and red leather.

I heard ETA of arrival is close to Memorial Day. A great way to ring in summer!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going through Fiat of McKinney as well. I have my VIN/VON and my car shows as "scheduled for production". I so can't wait for my car to be delivered.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sigh ... my car is still sitting in "Production Scheduled" stage. I really hope it did not delay the build when the dealer had to update my order because they left some of my options off the initial order. Would be a really nice to drive around on Memorial Day weekend if possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
:D I'm sure you are. Did they tell you where you are in the queue? I am number 8 or so.

It is frustrating that we can't track the shipment, but as long as it comes and works well, I'm happy.

I'm in a 17 MPG Jeep now. I love it and plan on keeping it, but I really hate the mileage for my 40 mile commute!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think I am number 10 on the list. I wish the VOTs system was more accurate. Hopefully we will get an update soon.

The milage on the Honda is great, but the ride really sucks. I used to have a 2002 cougar that was fun to drive. Well once you got it up to 30, then it would accelerate.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I think I am number 10 on the list. I wish the VOTs system was more accurate. Hopefully we will get an update soon.

The milage on the Honda is great, but the ride really sucks. I used to have a 2002 cougar that was fun to drive. Well once you got it up to 30, then it would accelerate.

Pillager1900: I have been helping many subscribers check their VON or VIN... if youd like, I can do the same for you...just PM me with VIN or VON

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked the Insight page for my car and it finally got updated. It shows my car is now in stage D1 and is scheduled to be unloaded from the train on 5/22. I really hope that it stays close to that time frame, I would really like to have it over the long Memorial Day weekend.

Ciaobella, have you gotten any other news on the delivery time?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just checked the Insight page for my car and it finally got updated. It shows my car is now in stage D1 and is scheduled to be unloaded from the train on 5/22. I really hope that it stays close to that time frame, I would really like to have it over the long Memorial Day weekend.

Ciaobella, have you gotten any other news on the delivery time?

Insight still can't find my VIN, and VOTS still shows production scheduled. :-/ you know I wonder if I'm entering the URL correctly.

It would be great to have it arrive at the dealer around 5/22-5/23. With the meeting/travel I have early May for work, I wouldn't want to leave it after picking it up!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ciaobella,

I know the feeling. I have a trip in early May as well. The wait is killing me.

Here is the URL for the Insight page. Replace the *s with your full VIN Number and with out the quotes. I hope this works for you too.

"https://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=23304&INPUT_TRACEABLES=************&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN"

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Insight still can't find my VIN, and VOTS still shows production scheduled. :-/ you know I wonder if I'm entering the URL correctly.

It would be great to have it arrive at the dealer around 5/22-5/23. With the meeting/travel I have early May for work, I wouldn't want to leave it after picking it up!
ALL: Send me you VIN and/or VONs if you would liek an accurate update.... I dont trust Insite or the VOTS system

Reactions: Pillager1900

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Jonathan,

If it is ok with you, I might ask you for an update again later next week or the beginning of May.

Pillager1900: Not a problem, Im here to help. VOTS and In-site seems to be unreliable based on the general consensus.. so Im the go-to-guy

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Ciabella, I am thinking of setting up a support group "Waiting on My Abarth Anonymous".:p Let me know if you are interested. Meetings will be held every other Friday at a Starbucks that is to be decided.

And whoever gets theirs first, sends me a coffee card.. LOL jk.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.