Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
And as one would expect, the comments are filled with love/hate for J-lo, our society as a whole, and the size of a Fiat 500 and it's ability to take a hit at speed from an SUV. Funny how some people, in the same comment, complain about how people are so easily influenced by celebrity, and finish off with the tired "Fix It Again Tony" bull$#!+.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with you, also. I have not seen the ad but have been approached by at least a half dozen people who have commented that "it's the J Lo car".

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think many men, including myself, want to be seen driving in the "JLo car"...and THATS the fatal branding mistake FIAT made with the TV spot. Its too polarizing...and the cost is just going to be too great in the long run

·
Registered
453 Posts
too bad they move slower than the internet does. that Targa Newfoundland commercial would be out by now. ;-)

·
Registered
475 Posts
How about a commercial with The Stig driving it around a tight racetrack a few times, tires squealing. He comes to a sideways stop, gets out, and you hear one word emanate from within that stoic helmeted visage: "Wow."

Or I'll stick with my favorite spokesman, the Most Interesting Man in the World. I think that actor would be great for the first cars and save The Stig for the Abarth.

Who could resist?

·
Registered
453 Posts
hehe, yeah. TMIMITW for the regular 500, and the Stig for the Abarth. :) Jeremy reviewed the Abarth and liked it, but I like your Stig idea. Though maybe have him listening to something on the stereo that indicates excitement, and not have him say anything at all. ;-)
Oh, and the guys did another challenge this season called Hot Hatches, including a Clio and a 500. Of course, I think the 500 won, but poor Richard got drummed out of all his points. ;-)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
How about a commercial with The Stig driving it around a tight racetrack a few times, tires squealing. He comes to a sideways stop, gets out, and you hear one word emanate from within that stoic helmeted visage: "Wow."

Or I'll stick with my favorite spokesman, the Most Interesting Man in the World. I think that actor would be great for the first cars and save The Stig for the Abarth.

Who could resist?

The Stig can never, and will never speak!

·
Registered
207 Posts
How do they know if the other commercial I have been seeing where a couple drives up to a drive-in theater that starts with Elvis music is not generating some of the buzz. I really like that ad.

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

Who could resist?
As nice as it would be for the Stig to be driving it in a commercial, BBC won't let that happen. But they should use someone famous, Ken Block, Valentino Rossi, Mario Andretti, Rhys Millen, maybe all of them.

·
Registered
825 Posts
You know, outside of the enthusiast community, I'm guessing there aren't that many people who even know who/what "The Stig" is. They'd see that and think, "Oh, a race car driver guy, driving it like a race car."

JLo, love, hate, or indifference, is instantly recognizable by a helluva lot more people than Clarkson, May, the Hamster, and the Stig combined. I would guess FIAT is looking to go more mainstream. Heck, enthusiasts are already buying them. We're just a very small crowd.

IMO.

Ryan

·
Registered
453 Posts
No kidding. I haven't had a single female ogle, talk to me about, or see driving a 500. Every person I see looking, asking me questions, or driving another one are men.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts