Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, a couple of times lately, I got into the car and it would not go into R or D, it would go from P to N, but that is it. There was a red Not Ready light on the dash. After a few minutes it shifted into gear after shutting off. Anyone know why that happens and how to solve it rather than waiting?

Many thanks, Michael

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,850 Posts
I am quite impatient with machines, & also very spoiled by the 500e starting perfectly with just a very rapid flick of the key about 99% of the time, & running nonstop til I shut it off, even when I shift to N (from D or R) without coming to an absolute stop.

However, once in a while it rejects those impatient antics & requires 1 quick key-off cycle to restart. Even more rarely it requires exit/lock to get a fully black screen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am quite impatient with machines, & also very spoiled by the 500e starting perfectly with just a very rapid flick of the key about 99% of the time, & running nonstop til I shut it off, even when I shift to N (from D or R) without coming to an absolute stop.

However, once in a while it rejects those impatient antics & requires 1 quick key-off cycle to restart. Even more rarely it requires exit/lock to get a fully black screen.
OK but does it give you the not ready red light? I tied the 5 on/off key switches. It still took 5 minutes or so before it would go into gear. Should I try the full exit lock if that happens?

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,850 Posts
Sometimes "not ready", sometimes "service propulsion system"!

I just tested & it's only 1 min 15 sec til the black screen, while sitting inside.

I just tried flicking the key as quick as I could, 3 times, & couldn't get it to fail. Now u know why I'm so spoiled!

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
428 Posts
Anyone know a way to disable the creep when in D? Sometimes I get tired of holding the brake in long stoplights. I been just putting in N and pull brake up. I guess I’m just spoiled with driving a manual transmission forever and I sit at lights without brakes (unless no one is behind me) then I keep foot on brake to let them know I’m stopped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts