Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some welding done on my trailer hitch. We disconnected the 12v and High Voltage. After reconnecting the HV and 12V the car won't go into gear. The yellow error code top right is on. Does anyone know how to reset this? Have tried multiple times to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Turned off and on 5 times in a row. What else. Thank you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If it’s still under warranty you might want to call Fiat roadside and get it covered at the local dealer. I wouldn’t volunteer about disconnecting anything and just talk about not moving and the error.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a dead thread, but I wanted to share an answer to this problem in case anyone else has this issue. In this state, the car is basically bricked.
  • Make sure you follow the "12 Volt Power Down/Up" procedure found on Tech Authority. Definitely read it several times in full, but the gist is:
    • Power down - OFF, wait 5 minutes. HV disconnect. 12v disconnect.
    • Power up - (Should already be OFF). HV connect. 12v connect.
  • HV disconnect is very fiddly and will not properly seat unless it's removed/inserted with the handle at 90° (there is a second latch holding it at 45°) - I presume this was the root cause of both our problems. It looks like it's in, but it's probably not.
  • Clear any related faults, pray to baby Yoda, hopefully drive your car again.
TIL, never touch the disconnect again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts