1,550 Posts
Looks fantastic. What's the offset?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments :)

To anwer a few questions:
The wheels are 17x7.5" +30mm offets. That's more aggressive than almost anything offered for the 500, which we liked :). The stance is great. Bolt pattern is 4x98.Went with 205's for fear of rubbing with that drop and wheel size but there seems to be enough room for 215's. They don't come in 17x8" but I can get them in 18x8", also for the 500. Wheels weight is right at 24 lbs so I can't say they are light but we did consider that when buying them: stylish, aggressive and strong wheels for the street, lightweight and class-legally sized wheels for autocrossing (ie: our 16" OZ's :) ) I've bent too many lightweight wheels cruising down the highway to run them on a daily basis!

The coilovers can be as slammed on the front as much as you want. I think we were over 3" drop in this picture:

Looked crazy but it was barely driveable! The rears are at 2.5" drop which is a low as they go. Because the rears use adjustable spring perches as mentioned (pictures here: http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/11-fiat-500-wheels-tires-suspension/2107-coilovers-here-sort.html), the adjustment range can't be too wide for danger of the springs being too loose at the lowest setting and falling off the car. That said, V-MAXX's 2.5" rear drop is the lowest available for the 500. KW's drop the rear to 2.2", Bilsteins are fixed at 1.6", Novitecs are at low 2's, etc.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I sure hope there is some sort of group buy in the works. I'd definitely be in for that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey I liked these and ordered a set of VMaxx coilovers & 17" Sparco Assettos of the website...it seems the wheels are on backorder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bronze...I think they would match the pearl white better. BTW how much does each wheel weigh?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great..waiting anxiously for the goodies to arrive. My next upgrade is an air intake and exhaust. I like the sound of the MM however waiting to see what Injen comes up with. Do let me know if something interesting comes your way. Cheers!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Injen was on hold last time I spoke to them but we have a few things up our sleeves:
Magneti Marelli exhaust (and the rest of their line), US-spec with connecting pipe. Stuck at customs again :mad:.Should be here by end of December.
First Magnaflow exhaust available for the 500, getting here next week.
Local company working on some gorgeous billet intakes and exhausts. Prototypes will be installed on our car hopefully by next weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts